Slo-mo at 240 fps

lumianum

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
The Lumia 950 currently has the slow motion option for video recording at 120 fps. Would it be possible to get it at 240 fps in a future through a software update? Or simply the camera hardware won't handle it?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
While we may not know for sure, its unlikely to be added later.

The effort of high-speed video recording is limited by hardware typically.

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Hardware can't handle it? sure it can, and probably will get an update in a future, but it is not so important, as quality, stabilization and other, but sure it will come, like 4k came for L930.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hardware can't handle it? sure it can, and probably will get an update in a future, but it is not so important, as quality, stabilization and other, but sure it will come, like 4k came for L930.

Are you an engineer who knows the specifications to a T?

The hardware may or may not support it.

It IS possible for it to be done with an update like 4K as you said, but we don't know if the hardware is capable for sure because 240 fps is pretty speedy. Worth noting that the iPhone 5s can only do 120 fps while the 6 can crank it up to 240. I can say that's hardware.

Nopea

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I dont know if the op knows this as this was new thing for me too while ago. If you go to edit your slowed video there is option for super super slo-mo what can be added for specific time frame only. I dont know if this represents the microsofts version of 240fps.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Are you an engineer who knows the specifications to a T?

The hardware may or may not support it.

It IS possible for it to be done with an update like 4K as you said, but we don't know if the hardware is capable for sure because 240 fps is pretty speedy. Worth noting that the iPhone 5s can only do 120 fps while the 6 can crank it up to 240. I can say that's hardware.

Thing is, for faster framerates, not only does the chipset need to support it, but the microsd card AND the SD card slot (and everything between the chipset the SD card) needs to support it. I am pretty sure (not 100%) that the chipset itself can, but with some complaining about "low" transfer speeds on other topics here previously, I don't think 1080p or 4K would handle 240fps. Maybe at 720p, but I am not an engineer, so I can only assume based on what I have played with previously (other devices), but it would be nice if we could get faster fps recording speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs