Hard reset after .107 update. Everything but texts restored. Have Backup but where do I load from?

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I hard reset after I was finally able to get the .107 update. Everything but texts restored. I have a backup that I did in WM10 but I don't see that option anymore. So where do I load my backup from? The backup is on my microSD card. And secondly, doesn't Microsoft keep your texts on your OneDrive anymore? They always just came back.

Dewg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I've done many hard resets, and the texts always come back. However there is a setting for how far back they are stored. Perhaps that setting got turned off on your phone before the reset.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I've done lots of hard resets as well S gotten new phones. But I noticed WM10 doesn't mention backing messages up to the cloud anymore.. Also, the shortest and (default I think) sync is one month. I have nothing previous to my reset.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So just for completeness, in the messaging app, go to ellipses (three dots) > settings > sync messages between devices, and choose a duration. I have mine set to one year.

Related question: I'm interested whether setting a shorter time span will delete older backed up messages. I have done a backup with this set to one year, does this mean that I have deleted all messaging history prior to March 2015? If so, I would have appreciated a warning dialog!

gumbedamit

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I've reset my phone many times. It takes sometime several days before all of your text messages are restored. They eventually do show up...

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
sync the email account associated with your MS account you signed in with. Mine is ****@hotmail.com. When I sync that hotmail account over and over, all my texts eventually come back. I send maybe 10-20 texts a day so it takes a while to restore 1 years worth

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077