05-15-2017 12:20 PM
143 ... 456
tools
    Since I have enough experience with android and iphone OS/mobiles, I do not regret at all getting L950.
    10-30-2016 08:25 AM
    For first few days i was utterly disgusted with the phone, once I eventually updated to .189 then .321 the 950 has been excellent, can't fault it, everything working for me. Battery and camera excellent. Continuum via wireless using hd10, brilliant! Happy so far, only 6 weeks in so far, hoping for 2 years from the handset.
    Same here. I originally was on RS2 and the battery life was not good. So I reflashed to RS1 and now on build 14393.351 and really happy. No heating and about 3% battery drain per hour. I am sure that will be a bit better once all things settled in (flashed/updated yesterday). Upgraded from a 930 and just LOVE the 950 (glance, sd card, yeah!!!) and all the other things the 950 has. Perfect phone for me, not had a single crash as well.
    11-04-2016 07:07 AM
    I am beginning to notice small issues, bookmarks and reading list don't sync, last week text messages were displayed on the laptop but this week they don't work, seems updates fix some issues then other issues creep in. Still love the phone but small attention to detail is noticed.
    11-04-2016 08:28 AM
    Two 950 - no Problems
    11-06-2016 04:13 AM
    950 xl: Cheap creaky case, 5 hour battery life, camera always "Saving", ran very hot, random restarts, no flagship

640XL: Fluid, swift, no issues.

So yes, regret 950XL
    CraigCole likes this.
    11-06-2016 05:48 AM
    I regret it. It has gone even more buggier since anniversary update. Hangs after every two or three days. Gets hot. Now the auto focus has also gone buggy. Brightness stuck issue is still there. And there are many apps missing. And yes, they are messing the ms. Edge browser with every update. Some pages are almost unreadable with ugly font size. E.g Wikipedia and comments sections of blogs etc.
    mikepalma likes this.
    11-06-2016 06:54 AM
    my 950 is as almost as stable as windows 8.1 days with the final updates. Which took MS almost a year. Good job MS!
    11-07-2016 07:26 PM
    No, i bought two a real bargain for all what it can do
    05-04-2017 12:37 AM
    My wife dropped her 950 in the toilet yesterday. She dried it off after removing the battery, and it's working perfectly. So no regrets about build quality there. The only minor problem is that Facebook has stopped syncing with the People app, but I can live with that. Everything else, the whole family is very happy with our windows phones. Especially the camera, which beats our friends Android phones.
    greedo_greedy likes this.
    05-04-2017 03:49 AM
    I don't regret it, coming from an L830, I needed a flagship after my previous L920.
    05-04-2017 04:07 AM
    "Regret" is a strong word. But I will say, after buying a Sony XA1 (midrange Android phone with good camera) it is quite stark how much faster and better functioning every day tasks are (e.g. Facebook, Messenger, Email), as well as how much better battery life and heat generation are. Android is at the "Just Works" stage on midrange hardware. W10M isn't there yet on even the best hardware.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-04-2017 09:03 AM
    My wife dropped her 950 in the toilet yesterday. She dried it off after removing the battery, and it's working perfectly. So no regrets about build quality there. The only minor problem is that Facebook has stopped syncing with the People app, but I can live with that. Everything else, the whole family is very happy with our windows phones. Especially the camera, which beats our friends Android phones.
    It's amazing that it still works - good for you. However, if my phone falls in a toilet I'd consider it a total loss... it's been on a wild ride and I'd never hold it to my face again. In the garbage it goes.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-04-2017 09:34 AM
    Yes, I regret buying mine because they are shuttering the few apps live gas buddy, and if have mapping gps problems side an update last summer dispute a factory reset. Wish I had Android now.
    05-05-2017 10:33 AM
    Yup. That's the common issue of the 1520.
    Originally posted by GrayW0lf
    I enjoy the lack of the Ghost Touch on my 950 XL but the 1520 is still a great phone.
    05-06-2017 06:16 PM
    That's the good thing about having a phone with removable battery. Unfortunately newer phones today mostly have a built in battery. I am still holding my 950 because of the removable battery, among others.

05-08-2017 08:52 PM
    The only minor problem is that Facebook has stopped syncing with the People app, but I can live with that.
    make sure the sync is enabled in facebook app. a couple of updates ago I had the same problem. nothing was syncing as it used to. When I checked the facebook app I saw that they were disabled for some reason. After re-enabling everything went back to normal.
    05-09-2017 04:33 PM
    I got mine release day coming from L920 (I still have this as a backup). Then was not a good time to get the L950. Now the CU update just got pushed to my phone, and it is fair to say that it is better than ever (aside from a few apps that CU broke). The minor niggling bugs that were is AU are fixed. The phone is faster and more stable with CU, and I didn't have to do a hard reset.

The main reason I'm sticking with windows is because I use my devices mainly for work. I also have a Surface 3. The almost seamless integration with my two MS devices and work PC is nearly flawless. I couldn't get this from the other ecosystems to be productive. I've done iOS and Android. I have to say that they are great for media consumption and entertainment. But I live for work, and my devices are geared for that, and as a bonus, also does a little entertainment. This is enough for me.

I held on to my L920 for three years. My L950 will probably do four or five years.
    05-11-2017 05:55 PM
    Not one bit. I happily paid full price for it and do not regret it whatsoever. When the BOGO deal was going on I actually purchased the 950XL to get another 950. The size is perfect. The screen is beautiful. The Mozo backs are so awesome. And now my house is littered with Qi pads everywhere, even got a Qi receiving pad for my iPhone, wireless charging is so awesome.

The removable battery, that's what really got me to love the phone. I used to have to carry a powerbank with me every day for my long commute. Even when I had a brand new iPhone 6, I blew through the battery charge so easily.

Bought 2 extra OEM batteries for my 950 and it fits in my wallet. Never again have to worry about battery life (which I have to admit is terrible) again.

Actually thinking of selling my 950XL as it hasn't been touched in months to buy more 950's off swappa (yeah I know I have a problem). XL is great, everything lot faster, but the size is unbearable for me personally. I have an Idol 4S as well, it's great, fast, beautiful design, but I still proudly rock the 950. Lack of Qi, NFC, and color profile settings are a deal-breaker. Also, that phone feels like they applied an anti-stick PAM cooking spray type thing on both sides. It is by far the most slippery phone I've ever used!

So anyways, yeah, I like my Lumia 950.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-15-2017 12:20 PM
143 ... 456