Do you regret getting a 950?

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I regretted getting the 950xl, until after multiple replacements MS gave me a full credit. And then for 1/5 the cost I got the 640XL, which is a superior device. No cheap creaky case, no overheating, no "Saving" while taking photos, 5 hour battery, no random resets, a working camera, etc..

Last edited:

Simon Edmunds

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
I had the 650 which was a good phone but wasn't powerful enough for me so got the 950xl. I haven't regretted it at all. Sure there are still some bugs to iron out but for the most part it has worked well. As this is my primary phone I am only using release preview but I have had no issues so far. The 950 is a very good phone and the camera is amazing! The sound quality when recording video is the best i have ever heard on a mobile. There are so many good things about this phone that outweigh the negatives for me.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
For first few days i was utterly disgusted with the phone, once I eventually updated to .189 then .321 the 950 has been excellent, can't fault it, everything working for me. Battery and camera excellent. Continuum via wireless using hd10, brilliant! Happy so far, only 6 weeks in so far, hoping for 2 years from the handset.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
Battery life could be better, but I blame the screen's resolution. Still, before, I had a L640 and I was becoming desperate at how slow it was lol. 950 is 10000 times better in every aspect. I don't regret it at all. Now there are some newer and better phones coming out but I'll stick to this one for a while.

dicks-webos

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
For first few days i was utterly disgusted with the phone, once I eventually updated to .189 then .321 the 950 has been excellent, can't fault it, everything working for me. Battery and camera excellent. Continuum via wireless using hd10, brilliant! Happy so far, only 6 weeks in so far, hoping for 2 years from the handset.

Same here. I originally was on RS2 and the battery life was not good. So I reflashed to RS1 and now on build 14393.351 and really happy. No heating and about 3% battery drain per hour. I am sure that will be a bit better once all things settled in (flashed/updated yesterday). Upgraded from a 930 and just LOVE the 950 (glance, sd card, yeah!!!) and all the other things the 950 has. Perfect phone for me, not had a single crash as well.

Rosebank

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
I am beginning to notice small issues, bookmarks and reading list don't sync, last week text messages were displayed on the laptop but this week they don't work, seems updates fix some issues then other issues creep in. Still love the phone but small attention to detail is noticed.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
950 xl: Cheap creaky case, 5 hour battery life, camera always "Saving", ran very hot, random restarts, no flagship

640XL: Fluid, swift, no issues.

So yes, regret 950XL

Saad Rashid

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I regret it. It has gone even more buggier since anniversary update. Hangs after every two or three days. Gets hot. Now the auto focus has also gone buggy. Brightness stuck issue is still there. And there are many apps missing. And yes, they are messing the ms. Edge browser with every update. Some pages are almost unreadable with ugly font size. E.g Wikipedia and comments sections of blogs etc.

BritDad

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
My wife dropped her 950 in the toilet yesterday. She dried it off after removing the battery, and it's working perfectly. So no regrets about build quality there. The only minor problem is that Facebook has stopped syncing with the People app, but I can live with that. Everything else, the whole family is very happy with our windows phones. Especially the camera, which beats our friends Android phones.

mweflen

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
"Regret" is a strong word. But I will say, after buying a Sony XA1 (midrange Android phone with good camera) it is quite stark how much faster and better functioning every day tasks are (e.g. Facebook, Messenger, Email), as well as how much better battery life and heat generation are. Android is at the "Just Works" stage on midrange hardware. W10M isn't there yet on even the best hardware.

Long Syntax

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
My wife dropped her 950 in the toilet yesterday. She dried it off after removing the battery, and it's working perfectly. So no regrets about build quality there. The only minor problem is that Facebook has stopped syncing with the People app, but I can live with that. Everything else, the whole family is very happy with our windows phones. Especially the camera, which beats our friends Android phones.

It's amazing that it still works - good for you. However, if my phone falls in a toilet I'd consider it a total loss... it's been on a wild ride and I'd never hold it to my face again. In the garbage it goes.

xzb6np

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I regret buying mine because they are shuttering the few apps live gas buddy, and if have mapping gps problems side an update last summer dispute a factory reset. Wish I had Android now.

zack251

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
That's the good thing about having a phone with removable battery. Unfortunately newer phones today mostly have a built in battery. I am still holding my 950 because of the removable battery, among others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12