Photos dissapearing

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
So my wife just got a new replacement 950, att variant. And again, photos are taken but dont show as being taken. This has happened on the last two slow builds and the new current one. It has happened when saved to SD or internal. PLEASE, any suggestions. This time it was her bridal shower brunch, im not living this down. HELP, wtfffffff is going on!!

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Nope. The photos show as a thumb but after a non specific amount of time they disappear. No uploads to one drive either. Set for only wifi upload. There has been a random occasion where a broken file taken during a time they disappear show up on one drive a few days later, but they're broken so they can't be viewed.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Probably won't help you recover those photos but...

Do you have another camera/cloud/photo management app that could mess with your camera roll?
Check OneDrive storage has empty space for uploads.
Remove SD completely even if you are not saving photos there. There are so many marginal SD cards out there that could cause havoc.
Hard reset if you haven't (Since this is still happening after hw replacement, i doubt this will fix)

Shandybang

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 950 is doing the same.
Any new pictures I take show as a thumbnail for a couple of days and then disappear.
The thumbnail is blank and when you press on it a message comes up saying "We can't show you this file at the moment. Please try again later."
All my older pictures that I took with other phones, cameras etc. shows perfectly.

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
For responders that had this issue with the 950, are you 1000% sure it was when saving to either memory or JUST to an SD card. Come to find out the setting "magically" changed. So each time it was saving to SD. Doesn't explain the issue, but figured I'd throw that update out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon