Has Double tap to wake up arrived for the AT&T Lumia 950?

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm still waiting for my slow carrier ... If you want to know if you phone is locked one easy test is trying to use it with a SIM card from a different carrier, and an error message will appear if it is locked. I believe you can also type a sequence in the phone dialer and press call to check that. Although I don't remember it.

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
But also, the relevant thing regarding the firmware is if you have a branded firmware. You can check your firmware version in your phone's advances info settings I think.
Also, if when you turn it on you see your carrier's logo then you probably have branded firmware. (you can change that logo by editing the registry though)

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
How to know if my phone is locked or unlocked?
Look under settings --> extras + info. In there is a Manufacturer name - mine is RM-1118. This is the best clue you'll get. Once you know that, you can search. The RM-1118 is dual sim unlocked version. There is also a Mobile Operator field. If that starts with 000, it is likely, but not guaranteed, factory unlocked.

If it was originally tied to a carrier, you would need an unlock code to have it unlocked.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
the 14393 build is not what you get from WDRT (I have DS unlocked, RM-1118). I did that yesterday, and it was 10586 that it installed. I then upgraded through Insider Slow Ring, and received 14393.

When it had gone through multiple incremental updates, I did not have double tap, even though the last one was 14393. After the above rollback and one-time update, coupled with a hard reset, I do in fact now have it.

It almost weird getting used to double tap again, but it sure is nice. Double tap to wake, and double tap on nav bar to turn off the screen - two nice features that require looking for the power button, which is especially nice if you have a case.

Glad to see this feature back.

Alligator42

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the normal ring and I found it on my 950. I don't know what build, but it's the latest on the normal ring for unlocked dual sim 950s. It's under Settings - Extras - Touch. It's so weird to have it again!

Wang Shun

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
M lumia 950 on att shares the RM-1105. I not living in US and apparently no the AT&T sim card. My phone runs with the local carrier working well.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
for you ATT guys, can't you go Insider Slow Ring and get it? Why do you have to wait for ATT to release it?

double tap to wake is part of a firmware update, so it has to be approved by AT&T for AT&T branded phones. Being an insider makes no difference on this. Microsoft can push OS updates 100 times a day if they wanted to and us AT&T guys would get every one.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
double tap to wake is part of a firmware update, so it has to be approved by AT&T for AT&T branded phones. Being an insider makes no difference on this. Microsoft can push OS updates 100 times a day if they wanted to and us AT&T guys would get every one.

stinkers. I am remembering now why I went unlocked to begin with.

gmfeld

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new ATT 950 on a warranty claim to replace my 830. I was running the Release Preview on the 830, which had double tap to wake.

I believe my ATT 950 is up to date with OTA updates, running OS build 10.0.10586.494, firmware 16025.39033. I do not have double tap to wake on this 950, am I supposed to? Would really like to have it back.

RuleOfSines

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new ATT 950 on a warranty claim to replace my 830. I was running the Release Preview on the 830, which had double tap to wake.

I believe my ATT 950 is up to date with OTA updates, running OS build 10.0.10586.494, firmware 16025.39033. I do not have double tap to wake on this 950, am I supposed to? Would really like to have it back.

Not yet, we have to wait a bit for ATT.

kilianheap

Jun 10, 2015
Visit site
It sure would be nice to get double tap to wake with the Anniversary Update...I guess all of us on AT&T will just have to wait and see if that happens.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
The Double-Tap-to-Wake functionality can be found in Settings->Extras->Touch. It's the Gestures slide switch you have to set to on.

Sent from mTalk

I must be on a different build, because for me, it's under Settings -> Personalization -> Lock Screen. Scroll down to the bottom, and you'll see "Double-tap to wake up phone." I don't actually see the option under Touch, oddly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99