Windows Device Recovery Tool: Operation Ended in Failure

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

My AT&T 950 keeps giving me an "operation ended in failure" error when trying to recover using the Windows Device Recovery Tool. It starts to install, the progress bar gets to maybe 20% across, then I get the error, and my device shows a red screen with two arrows in a circle. I've tried doing this with my computer internet turned off, sim and memory card removed, various usb slots, but always with the same results. Has anyone run into this problem and found a solution? My device is being replaced, but it won't be delivered until next Thursday. I'd rather not wait that long ;)

Thanks in advance.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
uninstall/reinstall wdrt maybe? bad install or download of your phone's image could be at fault. you can also try the "my device wasn't found" option before plugging in your phone. that "should" tell you how to put your device into emergency bootloader mode (designed for bricked devices)

CrownedMartyr

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I just tried to recovery my AT&T Lumia 950 today and I am having the exact same problem as well. I wonder if it has something to do with the new firmware, since AT&T has not officially released it yet for OTA installs.

CrownedMartyr

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I finally got mine to work. I noticed that while it was stuck with the red screen and arrows, it was automatically rebooting itself every so often. As a result, it was simply rebooting itself during the upgrade process. After a couple of tries, I was able to time it to finish the install before it rebooted yourself. I'm not sure if this applies to your situation as well, but it's worth a shot.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the input! To answer a few of the questions/suggestions:

1. I eventually had to use the "my device wasn't found" option, and it did go thru the emergency recover sequence, but still no luck
2. I am using the cable that came with the 950. It's the only usb-c cable I have ;)
3. As I stated in the original post, I did try different USB ports; 4 to be exact (two on my SB, two on the SB dock)

I eventually found success by using a completely different computer. Worked on the first try. Now I even have the double tap to wake. Thanks again for all the input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb