Screen back-light turn off randomly and not turn on again after touching

Marek Kovac1

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
the screen of my Lumia 950 is turning off back-light after a couple seconds of inactivity and the back-light is not turned on after I touch the display. Display reacts on touches at that time, it shows content on the screen, but it stays very dark, barely readable. When I lock and unlock the screen it gets bright again. I have the software updated. OS build: 10.0.14393.67 Any suggestions? Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
the screen of my Lumia 950 is turning off back-light after a couple seconds of inactivity and the back-light is not turned on after I touch the display. Display reacts on touches at that time, it shows content on the screen, but it stays very dark, barely readable. When I lock and unlock the screen it gets bright again. I have the software updated. OS build: 10.0.14393.67 Any suggestions? Thanks!

I believe there's a new OS update out 14393.187 - check for updates

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Its a bug...hard reset will solve all of it...after any major update its better to clean the phone with hard reset soo i can enjoy the new version

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

Travis Flenker

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Its a bug...hard reset will solve all of it...after any major update its better to clean the phone with hard reset soo i can enjoy the new version

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

I ran into that quite a bit. Hard reset helped but didn't completely resolve the issue (on AU).

I also occasionally run into an issue where when I press the power button to wake the phone up, but the screen does not turn on for a few seconds (sometimes up to 10 seconds). Oddly enough, the iris scanner will work and unlock the phone before the screen turns back on.

dashrendar

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
It's not randomly I think... Ever since the AU update I started getting it. To reproduce:
1) Turn on screen.
2) Wait for screen to dim prior to completely turning off.
3) Touch the screen before the screen turns off.

It seems like the timer for keeping the screen on resets upon touching but the brightness does not go back to its original state.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb