Unlocked 950 Reception vs LG G4

lamer01

Sep 26, 2016
Visit site
I was in a boonie area in upstate NY on saturday. My daughter was carrying her (my old phone) LG G4. We are both on TMobile. She had 4 bars and I had none. My wife's older Lumia also had no service. Theoretically, the 950 has all the bands the G4 has and more. I would have expected to have same reception. Is there a way to check which bands are activated on my Lumia?

Thx

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I have noticed reception is a little spotty with the 950 as well as of late. In fact, it is my biggest gripe with the phone.

There are places on the interstate where I've never lost service (iPhone, 640, 830, 930, HTC M8) that I do lose service with the 950.

I used to keep a 640 as backup, just in case, but I damaged the sim reader, so that phone's worthless now.

I have an LG something (G3 maybe) on hand, that may be my new backup for these situations.

It is frustrating, however, the lack of signal.

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Great post but ##3282# does nothing on the 950 with W10M.

Why 950 with W10M? You know of any running on another OS ;)

Btw, there are other (simple) ways to get "Field Test" app working on L950. First you have to enable "Developer mode" and then check in Settings -> System -> Storage -> This device -> Apps&Games if "Field Test" is preinstalled on your L950.

If it is, download/install App Folder app, in it open a new folder in which you can then put the link to Field Test app.

If it is'nt, then download/install (or deploy) Field Test app, and run it...

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Wait - you got a 950XL? You disappear for half a year, then come by and drop that little bomb?

Great news, and hope things are great!

Hi Gordon! You make me smile...have been lurking around the site past year and yes, recently got a great deal on an eBay 950 XL DS. Absolutely enjoy using it. Hope things are great for you as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion