Why can't glance timeout when charging?

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I used to be able to do this on my 920, I don't want glance on the whole time when it is charging. I want to be able it to timeout

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
It doesn't ? :/ i thought it did ... But you could always place your phone upside down or cover the infrared sensor so the screen turns off.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
it USED to be there, and then an update a few months ago killed it :( don't know if it's carrier specific or on all 950's

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I mostly charge overnight on a wireless charger so I created my own workaround. I built an app, Literal Moment, to display the time for a set period (20min or linked to your MS Health sleep and wake times) and then go completely black. While the time is displayed it moves around the screen to prevent burn in. NOTE though that the 'nightstand' feature I described is an in-app purchase and you're running an app the whole time so the phone isn't locked. I'm open to feature ideas for different charging scenarios too.

Just an option you could check out until the Glance feature returns.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
SImply put down phone screenside, as old Nokias glorius times for not being disturbed by incoming night messages, simple solutions for minimum problems

swanlee

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a bedside stand up wireless charger for my 950. I'd just like to get my old option back. since other are seeing this as well i will report the issue to MS to see if they will add it back.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
SImply put down phone screenside, as old Nokias glorius times for not being disturbed by incoming night messages, simple solutions for minimum problems

Except back when I owned a 920, placing it face down (before the toggle to turn off Glance when charging was added) meant it would slowly slide and fall off whatever surface it was on.

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft says they got rid of that option in the name of "simplicity."
It's actually called "laziness". Runs more battery and takes longer to charge with the phone's screen using Glance while it's charging. Phone auto closed after a while when charging, why would you take that out? MS does as they like as it's their OS but in the end they're hardly doing anything to attract customers enterprise or consumer or keep what little they already have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786