Playing Music through Bluetooth

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I just upgraded my ride a little, and now have a 2013 BMW. I connected the phone to the car, for both phone and audio. The car shows it's connected, but it won't play any music on the phone.

Has anyone successfully done this? With my previous car, I could do it through USB, sometimes. It did not always work, so I usually had to use the Aux In cable. That car was quite a bit older, so I assumed it was related to that.

Now, since the newer car doesn't work, I assume it's my phone.

My daughter connected her iPhone, and of course was scanning and playing music in about 10 seconds.

Anyone gotten this to work?

As a side, I may have to get an Android to use with the phone (except I might have to transfer my sim sometimes, which would be a pain). The car has a suite of "connected apps", that only work with Android and iPhone.

I am going to contact BMW and ask when their WP app comes out, but for now, I need another OS to use the connected apps.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I think it's just hit and miss with cars. Last year, I had a car with Bluetooth, and although my phone would connect, it wouldn't do anything. This year I got a new car, everything works well. I don't have the xar's app on my phone (because it's Windows), but I don't need it to do things like place calls or play music.

They were both Nissans, so no, it wasn't one company playing nicer than another.

northernpipeman

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
are you on the Release Preview ring, and using the most recent firmware update? I understand that this included a Bluetooth upgrade for some phones that could make a difference. I am using a 950 on RP with a 2014 Ford Mondeo (UK name, so maybe the Fusion in the US?) and is connects with no problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077