Lumia 950 Chargers & Desktop Stands

mattdodwell

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi All,

Can any USB-C adaptor work in charging the 950? Sorry for my ignorance but I have read that a lot of third party USB-C chargers don't perform well in fast charge, plus I always like to keep to OEM kit where possible.

I need to get a space mains charger and annoyingly MS Store UK doesn't seem to sell them separate to the handset. I do have the Display Dock which has both a USB-C mains adaptor and USB to USB-C cable in it which is for the dock, but I assume that these will work perfectly (i.e. same charging times, speeds etc). This option stops me from using the Display Dock but TBH I can not see me using it, but it was free with the ?250 deal on the UK MS Store.

Also, I would like to get a desktop dock (ideally with charging option), to sit in my office. Again I see MS don't offer this themselves, so it is 3rd Party I go. Will any USB-C dock work fine?

Worst case, I will make one myself and use one of the spare USB to USB-C cables I have to fix into a home made dock.

Thanking you in advance.
Matt

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
As long as you don't use a cheap chinese type-C cable worth 1 pound it should work nice. Cheaper might work, but will be slow esp. with data transfer speeds... Go for the better quality ones, for example:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Belkin-3-1-USB-A-to-USB-C-Cable-USB-Type-C-RRP-25-/112091129251?var=&hash=item1a1926e5a3:m:mN7VNv8YEXQyaQSVccpyYhA

It must have a good amperage rating and it should be OK. As for the charger, just check that is uses a Quick Charge technology, 3.0 is best, and has as many A's of power as your OEM charger. Same goes for non OEM docks.

Hope that helps. Good luck

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I've been looking on eBay and amazon US for Cradles and replacement battery's for my 950. Still thinking about both.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99