Lumia 950 Stuck in Insider Program?

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have an AT&T version of the Lumia 950, that was enrolled in the "Release Preview" ring of the Insider Program. I started having problems with the phone. It would crash and turn off randomly sometimes. It also occasionally got stuck in reboot loops. I fired up a copy of the WDRT and installed the latest version available there: 10.0.10586.318. This build (as far as I am aware) is the latest available from AT&T without the Insider program.

I have removed the device from the Insider program several times, including with the menu available under "Update & Security" in the newer builds, as well as the Windows Insider app from my 10586 build.

The problem comes now that my phone keeps trying to install build 10.0.14393.448, even after removing the device from the Insider program. This is the same build that was installed when I started having issues with the phone, and I even tried letting it install anyway, and the crashing started up again.

My question is this: Why does my phone keep trying to install it? Is this build actually available, for my phone, without being an Insider? Is this some kind of bug I have to fix?

Thanks!

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's available on AT&T 950's as well...

and it's actually a pain (crazy battery drain since the upgrade)

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I installed this update again, and had been using the phone just fine until yesterday. Now my phone is stuck in an endless cycle of crashes. Interact with the lock screen, and the phone's screen goes out, a few seconds later, the phone restarts.

Has anyone else been having this problem, or know of a fix? Hoping it's just a software bug as I don't think my 950 is still under warranty.

nrimolde

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
After having sent my phone in for repairs, it comes back still not fixed. I now got a factory re-certified warranty replacement through AT&T. Now in the process of updating and setting it up.

Thanks to everyone for the helpful information!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise