Lumia 950 NFC not working

JohnnyBawesome

Dec 8, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to use my NFC to send my friend pictures by tapping our phones. It used to work. I also tried to use the NFC with my DT-910 Charger and it isn't working either. Just to verify, I did the same thing with my Lumia 928 and it worked fine with the two items I tested above. Anyone else having problems?

jpduster

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I have been trying to use my NFC to send my friend pictures by tapping our phones. It used to work. I also tried to use the NFC with my DT-910 Charger and it isn't working either. Just to verify, I did the same thing with my Lumia 928 and it worked fine with the two items I tested above. Anyone else having problems?

NFC works on my partners 950 but not mine
Any luck with a fix?

Ceicob

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I also have the issue on 950 XL. After reboot it works fine for like 24h and then it just goes silent. It happened with an update I think and I don't have any idea how to fix this...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I am looking to purchase a new printer (looking at the Brother MFC-L8900CDW All-in-One Color Laser Printer), I would like to have a flawless connection to my computers, of course, but also my 950XL. My last printer (now defunct) was unable to:( The specs on the Brother MFC-L8900CDW says it supports Direct WiFi; NFC; and, Brother iPrint&Scan. This printer also is listed on Microsoft's list of Supported Printers for Windows 10 Mobile.

My question is, which of the above connection options (Direct WiFi; NFC; or, Brother iPrint&Scan) is proven to work best?

Thanks!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a Brother MFC-L2700 and I use the iPrint & Scan app from Brother. It's very reliable on Wi-Fi as it doesn't support Google Cloud printing like the iOS version. I've never tried Wi-Fi Direct and my printer doesn't have NFC so I can't tell you how well they work. The scanning is very good and straight forward.

I will say this, HP printers and the newly revised HP Smart printing app work extremely well on Win10. I have the HP 8710 and you can print and scan via any wireless mode.

Another note about Brother printers is you have to print from the app. You can't select print from Edge or a PDF reader because it won't show up. HP printers do.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz