02-08-2017 11:46 PM
173 1234567
tools
    People seem to think polycarbonate means cheap. It doesn't.
    I agree it doesn't, I felt my 920 was premium. The 950 didn't have that feel, the back was loose and cracking and the matte black was ugly. A Mozo makes a huge difference with a 950.
    11-27-2016 07:16 PM
    Sorry, but I agree with Paul on this point, 100 percent. I wish it weren't the case, but if I'm being completely honest, the 950/XL and W10M are a collective disaster. In my opinion, the software isn't ready for primetime today, much less when it launched A YEAR AGO.

For me, the overall "smartphone experience" provided by my 950 is a completely atrocious. I just want a device that works, not something I have to constantly diagnose or find workarounds to common tasks. Frankly, I'm fed up with the BS, sick and tired of ENDLESS problems and annoying glitches. Here are a few reasons why I feel this way:

• Cheap-feeling hardware -- Pick up one of these Lumias and then handle an iPhone of nearly any stripe and tell me which one feels better... It's no contest.
    • Slow performance -- My Lumia takes forever to boot up, launch apps or, especially, to process photos. An old iPhone 6 runs circles around it.
    • ZERO meaningful apps -- This one goes without saying...
    • Poor app quality (of the scarce handful that are available) -- The Delta airlines app is useless, my credit-card company doesn't support wallet, etc., etc.
    • Lackluster battery life -- It's almost always warm to the touch for no reason, chewing through battery and my data plan while doing absolutely nothing useful. Yes, I've gone in and tweaked various background tasks, but this made no difference.
    • CONSTANT glitches -- Why can't I smoothly zoom in on a photo without it getting stuck? No, I have to wait at least five seconds for the phone to decide if it wants to allow that. Why did the camera's autofocus on-screen popup randomly disappear today, necessitating a restart? How come the copy-and-paste interface is inconsistent? Why does Edge randomly NOT load pages? With a SIX-CORE PROCESSOR and THREE GIGS of ram, why do photos take sooooo long to finish processing?

Remind me again how these Lumia devices are better than an iPhone or Android handset, because I fail to see how they are... in any meaningful way. To the OP's question, I HATE this device and would never, Ever, EVER buy another one; I wouldn't take one if it were free, that's how disgruntled I am about all this.

To each their own.

I've been on Android for 10 months now after being on WP/W10M for 3 or 4 years. IMO... Android is miles ahead in terms of stability, apps, and some other categories too. And no lie the lack of apps can sometimes be annoying.

W10M on the other hand I find to be more of a whole system rather than a collection/drawer of apps. It's minimalistic, simple, and intuitive. Using a 650 for a couple of weeks, for example, I was reminded how easy W10M makes it to text, message, check get updates, etc.

Ill probably keep both my Note 5 and 950 for a while. But wanna make 950 the DD.
    11-27-2016 09:17 PM
    I agree Android is a long way ahead. I really wish it wasn't the case and we had more viable choices in the marketplace. My 950 won't even turn off!
    11-28-2016 05:14 AM
    My 950's keyboard disappeared last night. Couldn't get it back. Couldn't bing search the problem for obvious reasons. Went through menus. . Couldn't find anything. In the end, hitting power off button and logging back in fixed it.

Then my phone froze and wouldn't let me scroll. 2x Apps crashed. I'm most likely going to return the phone now. I get at least one problem per day.
    11-28-2016 05:21 AM
    Wow, Sounds like lots of problems with the 950 ...
    11-28-2016 07:50 AM
    My 950's keyboard disappeared last night. Couldn't get it back. Couldn't bing search the problem for obvious reasons. Went through menus. . Couldn't find anything. In the end, hitting power off button and logging back in fixed it.

Then my phone froze and wouldn't let me scroll. 2x Apps crashed. I'm most likely going to return the phone now. I get at least one problem per day.
    Yeah, I've noticed this most recent build has been super buggy for me too. Some days I cannot turn off my alarm, cannot turn on wifi and has been randomly rebooting several times per day.
    11-28-2016 08:44 AM
    Wow, Sounds like lots of problems with the 950 ...
    It depends on the build these days.
    11-28-2016 08:44 AM
    Yeah, I've noticed this most recent build has been super buggy for me too. Some days I cannot turn off my alarm, cannot turn on wifi and has been randomly rebooting several times per day.
    Wow, you really have the patience of a saint.
    11-28-2016 10:12 AM
    Wow, you really have the patience of a saint.
    Not really. I plan to pop out the sim in favor of the iPhone later this week.
    11-28-2016 10:51 AM
    Not really. I plan to pop out the sim in favor of the iPhone later this week.
    The fact that you have been dealing with that and you haven't put the sim in the iPhone by now, is why I say that. That sounds like a serious inconvenience. I was done with the 950 when it randomly restarted on me for the second time.
    11-28-2016 11:05 AM
    The fact that you have been dealing with that and you haven't put the sim in the iPhone by now, is why I say that. I was done with the 950 when it randomly restarted on me for the second time.
    I needed to order an alarm clock to replace glance screen.
    11-28-2016 11:07 AM
    950 No. 950xl, YES.
    11-28-2016 02:28 PM
    I think Windows 10 Mobile has reached the point where I can recommend it to people without the caveat "But it's a bit unstable." I can see someone who doesn't have any technical knowledge of software and how it works/how to deal with bugs using Windows 10 comfortably now. It's super stable on my Lumia 830 and even Fast Ring isn't terrible on my 640 XL. I've been using my 640 XL on Fast Ring as a daily driver for ages now and I've only had a handful of bugs.
    11-28-2016 07:14 PM

How long you had this?
    11-28-2016 11:38 PM
    Y'all making me scared I ordered this phone now.
    11-28-2016 11:40 PM
    It's a great phone most of the time. This last build has been buggier than usual. A couple builds back the phone was smooth as silk. I am confident a solid build coming next.
    11-29-2016 12:27 AM
    Well you'll soon see for yourself. I get the feeling that there's something going on here beyond a 'vanilla' type usage. Because if so many people can have zero of the many issue some people have then it can't really be the phone+OS. If it is, then we'd all suffer the same issues. So either it's a QC issue with hardware being faulty, or it's an issue where people are installing apps that are poorly coded (not MS' fault) OR people are running 'insider' versions and reporting them without disclosing that that's what they're running. It's one thing to buy the phone grab all official production updates (not 'insider' ones from the fast/slow rings) and then have big problems, and a completely different issue to run the other versions.
    11-29-2016 12:30 AM
    Well you'll soon see for yourself. I get the feeling that there's something going on here beyond a 'vanilla' type usage. Because if so many people can have zero of the many issue some people have then it can't really be the phone+OS. If it is, then we'd all suffer the same issues. So either it's a QC issue with hardware being faulty, or it's an issue where people are installing apps that are poorly coded (not MS' fault) OR people are running 'insider' versions and reporting them without disclosing that that's what they're running. It's one thing to buy the phone grab all official production updates (not 'insider' ones from the fast/slow rings) and then have big problems, and a completely different issue to run the other versions.
    I have wondered about the discrepancy in experiences too and have also suspected that people who are having problems are not disclosing that their phones are running one of the Insider versions.
    11-29-2016 06:28 AM
    Considering the number of people using their L950 and number of people having mentioned problems, the answer to the problem is obvious to me.
    11-29-2016 06:43 AM
    Agree with some of the posts above. I had overheating issues and others when I'm on slow/fast ring. But I'm on stock standard....no issues at all.
    11-29-2016 06:50 AM
    Don't be, you could have a phone that would be just fine!

I have wondered about the discrepancy in experiences too and have also suspected that people who are having problems are not disclosing that their phones are running one of the Insider versions.
    I would say yes and no. I was never on Insider and neither was some of the people who have posted about their issues. I think there's probably a split between the ones that did go insider and the ones who did not.
    11-29-2016 08:36 AM
    How long you had this?
    8 weeks in total
    11-29-2016 09:05 AM
    I hear u. Most of the issues I'm seeing on THIS thread seem to be insider related if you read the comments. I'll be running the official OS so I expect a better experience.
    11-29-2016 09:39 AM
    If you like W10 Mobile and it meets your requirements, you'll love the 950.
    11-29-2016 09:43 AM
    I've been sticking with production builds since my last WDRT & hard reset around August. My phone ran mostly well until recently. The latest production build for me has been awful. I have never had any heating issues with my 950, it would warm up a little when charging but then only slightly.
    11-29-2016 09:53 AM
173 1234567