04-08-2017 01:58 PM
26 12
tools
    I know this is a somewhat old thread, but it came up during a search so I figured I would post my experience. I recently started using a 950 I purchased during the last Black Friday BOGO deal. I've probably been using it for three weeks, maybe. Last night it fell out of my coat as I was getting out of my car. It fell from approximately waist height, so probably 3-4 feet. I did not see how it landed on the asphalt parking lot, but the screen cracked in the far upper right corner, and there is a crack running almost the entire length of the screen down the right side. I'm kinda bummed. It was the first time I had dropped either the 950 or the 950XL. My 920 survived God knows how many drops. Some of those drops may have contributed to its demise, but it never really seemed to sustain any damage from a drop. The 950 must have landed right on the corner. There are no visible marks on the case.

I've just started searching the forums for information, but has anyone had a screen successfully repaired, or replaced one themselves? The phone seems to be fully functional, so I guess it's just the outer glass lens that is cracked. I'm going to chat with Microsoft and see what they have to say. I've been searching for parts online. I found some glass lenses that are pretty cheap, varying from 7-12 bucks, but I have no idea whether they are OEM. They probably are not.

Anyway, I'm a bit bummed. I would love to hear some uplifting experiences from others that have dealt with a damaged 950. I probably prefer my 950XL, but I was really liking the 950 as well. It fits a bit better in my hand compared to the XL.
    04-08-2017 01:58 PM
26 12