Back to Lumia 950... again!

Aneres11

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello

So I am back on Lumia 950 after a brief spell away.
The phone just keeps dragging me back.

I didn't intend to pick one up again, but I enjoyed tinkering with Windows OS and I love that camera so damn much.
Even though other manufacturers cameras are starting to close the gap, and some do shoot better in lower light and also faster, I still think when the 950 gets it right, nothing comes close to it.

I managed to bag a used one for £100 on Gumtree here in the UK and it's arriving tomorrow.
I don't normally do used, but this is pristine condition and seeing as it is now impossible to buy new anywhere, it felt like a bit of a steal.
Plus it may not last for long as I will prob sell it on again soon but for £100 I'm thinking to buy the display dock and just leave it plugged into my screen on my desk and undock it when I need a good camera.

Finding it so difficult to get a decent case / screen protector though. Had to plump for some from Amazon (also arriving tomorrow) as the last 950 I had lasted all of like 3 days before I got scratches on the screen (no idea how!).
So a screen protector is a must.

I see a lot of people getting drawn into the 950 curse, where they sell on and want to come back.
I found the same with BlackBerry devices.
Not sure what it is. I guess for me it's the draw of something different. I like Android and iOS (all have their plus and minus points), but they can get a bit boring, whereas Windows phone can be made to really reflect you and that's the main thing I miss.

Plus that awesome camera!

Tim-ANC

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm still on BB10 but thinking about switching. Sounds like a great deal you got. I might try to find a used 950 to see how I like WM10.

Aneres11

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
You should definitely make the switch from BB10.
I enjoyed that platform, but feel like its only really worth it if you use your phone in a business sense.
If you do, no need for change. So long as the phone isn't slowing up or anything.

Yeah £100 is a steal I just hope it is the 'pristine' condition that he says it is although the pictures on the ad didn't suggest otherwise.

Looking forward to tinkering again.

Aneres11

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Well my Lumia 950 arrived today and I have spent the evening setting it up.

Considering it's from GumTree and I was worried about the condition, it is as described and is absolutely pristine.
Got a complete bargain for £100.

I know Windows Mobile apps gets a lot of stick, and sometimes rightly so, but there are some apps that I find work better than their iOS and Android counterparts.
o2 Priority, the GAME rewards app and Twitter are all most definitely better for me than they are on Android.
Add the live tiles into the mix and this is why I seemingly can't get enough of Lumia!

I am going away to York for a few days tomorrow on a little holiday, so will be using this amazing camera to take some photos which I'm really looking forward to.

Very pleased I took the plunge with Windows again. Although it has its faults, and its not exactly a hugely supported platform, it still does have its plus points which warrants me purchasing one again.
Sure, it isn't my 'daily driver' but it is a great second device to tinker with and have as an amazing pocket camera when I'm feeling bored of iOS! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99