Any info on when the "Next Evolution of Continuum" is coming?

Blomsternisse

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
No one has mentioned anything about new Continuum features being available in the latest builds, so I'd say no. Since they've already cut a lot of features from the Creators Update, I doubt we'll see any significant changes to Continuum until Q3/4 this year; but I could always be wrong. 😉

(Part of me suspect that Microsoft will do yet another reboot: Cancel Windows 10 Mobile and replace it with Windows 10 for ARM, and by doing so, Continuum will stop receiving updates and improvements)

milkyway

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
No one has mentioned anything about new Continuum features being available in the latest builds, so I'd say no. Since they've already cut a lot of features from the Creators Update, I doubt we'll see any significant changes to Continuum until Q3/4 this year; but I could always be wrong. 😉

(Part of me suspect that Microsoft will do yet another reboot: Cancel Windows 10 Mobile and replace it with Windows 10 for ARM, and by doing so, Continuum will stop receiving updates and improvements)

Well, now there's a new rumour about the "Cloud Shell". What we see here is that Windows 10 will truly become one OS on all the systems and only differ in shells.

SlideWRX

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, the 'Next big thing' for MS isn't getting much love. The real big unknown is whether W10 for ARM will help continuum development or hurt it. it *should* help, with MS announcing working on a unified interface, in addition to the unified platform. Any interface for W10 for ARM should be virtually the same as for continuum.

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I believe the general consensus is that we don't really know. However, we will need to wait until the newer builds come out. I don't recall anything about it being canceled, or delayed, but I do remember it being rumored to be included in the Creator's Update (Memory has been known to fail more times than a Gundam Wing pilot decides self destruct is the best decision). It may be something that will see more love as we get closer to release. Might also drop by surprise tomorrow. Microsoft likes not following an expected route.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs