Bluetooth Issues Playing Media - Started End of February 2017?

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 950 has honeslty been a fantastic device and a recent four days on an Android device was plenty to show my why I'm still using W10M. But, a bug has started that I just can't understand.

I'm running the Microsoft Unlocked Lumia 950 on the production build (10.0.14393.693) and it started having a weird issue... when I hop in my car and start up a podcast (acast app, fantatic BTW) or any other media it will simply not start playing (the play button registers but the timer doesn't start). If I disconnect the BT connection it plays. If I reboot the phone and re-connect via BT it then plays... then the next day or so the process repeats, requiring a reboot to get it working.

I'm lost as I haven't received a recent OS update and it is not app-sepcific. My car has not been updated, either.

Any ideas? Anyone have a similar issue?

At this point I think the coming Redstone 2 release will likely resolve it, otherwise I might just do a reset if it annoys me too much.

Thanks!

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I got on today to address a similar issue w/ my 950. I use Bluetooth headsets and all too frequently have to power off/on to reconnect. My question is if this has anything to do w/ the Bluetooth version of the player or not.

Also looking for any advice on a good headset to buy. I've been using a cheap Kinovo but it causes the disconnect issues too often. Got last week a Zelher trucker-style headset for phone use, and it has worked great (and also plays media, although only one ear speaker).

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, what is odd for me is I've been using the same car/Lumia 950 for about a year now and this is the first time I've run into this - and it is quite consistent.

It seems that it is related to starting media, not resuming. When I went out to lunch today it connected and resumed media just fine; I think launching/starting media tomorrow morning will require the reboot. We'll see.

Michael Bromley

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Good luck w/ it. A month ago I finally did a hard reset which resolved most of my BT issues, although it just doesn't run properly on some BT devices. This is my one complaint about the phone.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was having a few BT issues on my 950 a few builds back, it was mainly related to connecting to multiple devices during the day. For instance, i would go from my car to a headset and the headset would have trouble connecting. I would have to delete the headset and reconnect from scratch to get it to work. The same was true the other way around also. Could there be some kind of "confusion" or "Conflict" with another BT headset or speaker?

After hard resetting my device all seems to be fixed.

Bleser

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply! I should note that I have not experienced this at all since I decided to post about it. I am now on 10.0.14393.953, but I think it even resolved itself prior to the update. I didn't change anything... maybe an app updated from the store? Not sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12