So close to buying LG G6

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've got a pretty good deal on a new lg g6 locally. I've seen the phone in the store and it does look beautiful and exactly the same.size as.my Lumia 950 but with thin bezels it's a lot bigger screen.

But i don't like android that much. Every android phone i bought ended up returning coz of ugly android.

I've one main issue with Lumia 950 - the Fitbit app has no notification. I've enrolled into the beta testing of Fitbit app and it hardly works. Syncing itself is a big issue. Other than that i quite like my Lumia.

Plus i also need the glance screen with weather display etc which isn't the same on g6 's always on display. It displays clock a d some notification. But no weather.

Should i buy the g6 or keep my beloved Lumia??

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Ooh that's hard.

Maybe try listing everything that can be a pro or con for both? You are considering trying it so that would be worth the time.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
FWIW, my Android-loving older son just went in on a V20 to replace his POS S7, which replaced his time-bomb S6. The G6 just want as nice in our opinion.

Sent from mTalk

vhl71

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Ooh that's hard.

Maybe try listing everything that can be a pro or con for both? You are considering trying it so that would be worth the time.

Lumia 950 Pro's
Windows UI
Size and feel in hand
Camera - best in class, nothing comes close including Samsung and iPhone
Glance, double tap to wake/sleep
Simple and easy OS interface

Cons
Lack of apps - mainly Fitbit notifications
Windows OS updates are not straight forward

LG G6 Pro's
Elegant design
Large screen and smaller overall size
Top of the line specs
Price of the device I'm getting

CONS
Android UI - Ugly and cumbersome
Lack of glance with weather
Lack of physical camera button
Lack of an email client for all type of accounts in one place - including iCloud

Sent from mTalk

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 950 Pro's
Windows UI
Size and feel in hand
Camera - best in class, nothing comes close including Samsung and iPhone
Glance, double tap to wake/sleep
Simple and easy OS interface

Cons
Lack of apps - mainly Fitbit notifications
Windows OS updates are not straight forward

LG G6 Pro's
Elegant design
Large screen and smaller overall size
Top of the line specs
Price of the device I'm getting

CONS
Android UI - Ugly and cumbersome
Lack of glance with weather
Lack of physical camera button
Lack of an email client for all type of accounts in one place - including iCloud

Sent from mTalk

That's a great list.

If the notifications are really bothering you, I would suggest trying the G6. You should be able to sell it off fairly easily.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you will find the camera lacking compared to your 950, and in some ways better (speed being the biggest thing). Not having the physical button takes some getting used to, but you should be able to double tap the power button to quick launch the camera, at least on the Pixel I could.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Wouldn't bluemail cover this?

Camera/pic quality isn't that bad when compared to the 950.. Based on pictures I've seen lol

You can always add launchers to make the UI less clunky

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon