Why has my 950 become unusaable?

Andy Allison

May 6, 2017
Visit site
After Mobile creators update on 950 phone is now unusable blank screen no tiles only wireless and battery icon at top and arrow and home key at bottom and touch does not work apart from when I press power button and given the option to shut down.
My 950XL updated fine

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem. Is hard reset a known solution, or are you just suggesting it might help?

Also phone notification sounds became terrible, is this a bug too?

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
did that small update today. now the notification panel does not come down lol :) what a joke of a phone it has become

(update) did a soft reset, a head stand, praying mantis, and two hand claps and it is back.

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I just updated my 950 too, out of the box after I received it (as a back up second phone), and the update is a hot mess.

Not sure what Dan and the team were reviewing, but from what I see this is just awful. Even Symbian, when it was first migrating to touch with S60v5 was never this laggy/janky/terrible to use.

It's why I have absolutely zero confidence in Microsoft with this rumored proposed reboot of Windows Mobile. It'll be just as terrible as W10 Mobile.

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
What I do find amazing is all the different experiences. As some might have seen in a couple of other posts, I just received a 950 about a week ago and had a major issue with the battery doing random reset "loops". I was fortunate that my wife had a 950 and in swapping batteries, my new phone worked fine with her battery installed. Anyway, received a new battery from the company I purchased from and thus far all is working just great even after doing all the updates. The latest OS build I show is 10.0.15063.297. Is that the latest?

Nubwy

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
At least yours isn't stuck in a random restart funk. Dad threw his in a drawer and went back to iPhone as a result. I'm on an LG. I will never touch Windows Phone ever again.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Strange.

Weird how everyones phones react so differently. Latest insiders preview updates for me, are the most smooth/stable/functional, and it was a bit buggy on factory build.

Vast improvement for me, in terms of lag being gone, and Bluetooth working properly when it didn't.

Only thing to do is a reset. I've done resets plenty of times on android devices, so don't think you are alone :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes