Lumia 950 display purple tint.

Theo Kapaa

May 16, 2017
Visit site
Hi I recently bought a Lumia 950 and it's awesome but I did an update that took to long to finish and when my phone started up I notice a purple tint on the display. Especially on the settings app .All the other colors look fine and if i put the brightness to max than it dissapears.What can I do to fix it I think something went wrong with the firmware how can I fix it.
Pls help.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi I recently bought a Lumia 950 and it's awesome but I did an update that took to long to finish and when my phone started up I notice a purple tint on the display. Especially on the settings app .All the other colors look fine and if i put the brightness to max than it dissapears.What can I do to fix it I think something went wrong with the firmware how can I fix it.
Pls help.

Hi there -

Sometimes a simple soft reset can fix things like this. To do a soft reset, simply hold down the power button until the device vibrates and restarts itself.

Let me know if that doesn't fix the issue!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is it a firmware problem?

Quite possibly, could also be hardware but I'm thinking maybe using Color Profile in Settings > Extras > Display may help?

If that doesn't help, which I suspect it may not if max brightness solves it, I would erase the phone with the Windows Device Recovery Tool and go from there to rule out firmware/software.

Theo Kapaa

May 16, 2017
Visit site
I did it with windows device recovery tool but it only reinstal the software and not the firmware how can I reinstal the firmware
Thank you by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea