New smart phone user dazed and confused

twinbubba

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my first smart phone, Samsung Focus 2, Windows Phone OS and ATT service provider. The start up has been very painful from the get-go. Salesman told me I could add memory which turns out to not be true, I had to reset my phone twice because I forgot my Windows Live ID/Pwd. Enough whining, the question I have, that no one at the ATT store can answer is, why do all my contacts on the phone have an AT&T Address Book profile and from 2-6 Windows Live profiles? If I want to deleta a contact using the phone I have to delete each of the 5-6 profiles individually. Now I can log onto AT&T Address Book and delete the contact just once.
What is up with the multiple Win Live profiles and how do I stop them from being added to the phone?

Thank you for any and all help.

Twinbubba

cr_buck

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Do you have multiple live.com or hotmail.com addresses

I wonder if you have more than one Hotmail or Live email addresses synced to your phone. You might have the contacts associated with each sycning to the phone. Try going to your settings->email+accounts and see what accounts you have configured. You could just use one account to hold your phone numbers such as your primary Windows Live account for your phone. On the others you can edit them by tapping on them and unchecking the Contacts option. Of course this may not be an option if the different accounts contain extra information on the contact, ie. the Windows Live has the phone number and your email account has the email address.

If they are just duplicate accounts you can press and hold on the duplicate account and choose delete from the menu.

The other option is you can link them together so that actions performed on one happen to the others. You can do this by opening a contact in the people hub and clicking on the bottom middle button that looks kinda link a piece of chain. You then choose the other contacts that are duplicates of the one you have and it will link them together to appear and act as one. If memory serves correct, when you do this and you delete the main contact the others that are linked get deleted at well.

Good luck!

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Your salesperson was confusing your device for the original Focus, which did have an accessible slot for the built in flash memory, which could be swapped for a larger card, but you had to be extremely careful what card you put in due to the way WP accesses memory. Also, since WP would view the now card as stock onboard storage, changing out the cards requires a hard reset. Everytime.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I why do all my contacts on the phone have an AT&T Address Book profile and from 2-6 Windows Live profiles? If I want to deleta a contact using the phone I have to delete each of the 5-6 profiles individually. Now I can log onto AT&T Address Book and delete the contact just once.
What is up with the multiple Win Live profiles and how do I stop them from being added to the phone?

Thank you for any and all help.

Twinbubba

I'm having a hard time understanding this. From what I understand of AT&T Address Book it's just an account that your Windows Phone can log into, similar to your Windows Live ID or Facebook account.

Each account will hold and backup any contacts you add to the phone. I don't understand why you'd be adding 2-6 Windows Live profiles unless you own 2-6 Windows Live profiles and want to get separate email/contacts from those accounts.

Otherwise you can use AT&T as your unified contact back up list or Windows Live. Does that make sense?

twinbubba

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
bleh, I am not adding them, or if I am I am too stupid to know how I am doing it. I just got this smart phone a couple of weeks ago and there is more I don't know about it than what I do know.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3