I'm done with windows phone unless someone can help me out...

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
About 6 months ago I consolidated all my live ID's into the one I wanted to use and then upgraded to Outlook.com when It became avalible. Things were fine and I was using a Lumia 900 for a while to see if I liked windows phone. Never had any problems syncing my information using my Live ID. I then purchased a new Lumia 920 and typed in my @outlook.com address to have everything sync up. I got an error telling me that my ID could not be used as it was already synced with the maximum number of devices. I looked online, through zune, and everywhere else I could think of to delete any old devices. The only thing I found was my 900 still on my account at windowsphone.com. I deleted that and still nothing works. I have been on microsoft chat daily trying to get this fixed. Everytime they say all they can do is escalate it to have these "ghost" devices that are somehow tied to my account and nobody can see, deleted from my account. Three days I have now been waiting to get this fixed and things are starting to get stupid. How hard can this fix be?

If anyone has any insight on how to fix this, I would be most greatful. As it stands now, I'm headed back to my Iphone, never had any issues like this that couldnt be fixed by a trip to thier store. I'm so dissapointed in somthing I thought was going to be great.

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
What exactly do you expect us to do for you?

Its sounds like you have a tangled mess of your own creation. My suggestion would be to check the other accounts you have linked to see if there are devices there.

MaulerX

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Take a deep breath and relax. Lol

Ok, this is nothing that can't be fixed. If you deleted the 900 from the site, it takes a little bit for the entire system to get updated with the new info.

Also, double check in the Zune software. Go to settings>account>computers and devices. Something HAS to be there.

If that fails cal Microsoft and have them sort it on their end. An annoyance, yes. But not the end of the world. :)

Last edited:

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Ive just had a similar sort of problem trying to consolidate my email addresses. I did find that it takes 30 days for some changes to be made with the Live ID's. Dont ask me why its 30 days just guess it must be some sort of failsafe to stop people switching accounts every 5 minutes

Not sure if this helps but give it another shot after 30 days have passed.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Its sounds like you have a tangled mess of your own creation. My suggestion would be to check the other accounts you have linked to see if there are devices there.

I sort of expected someone to have had my same issue and got it resolved without people being dicks about it, but I guess that was too much to ask for you and vp710. Why even comment unless you had an idea that could help me? If you had any sort of reading comprehension you would see that I already did that and I can not find any devices on any of my accounts anywhere, hence the issue. I don't want to wait for Microsoft to get off thier *** and press a few buttons to fix my account. It's been 4 days since I first brought this problem to them and it's still not fixed.

Thank you MaulerX for not being an *** with your reply and at least offering a soloution for me to check. I did double check Zune and Windowsphone.com and there is nothing there, not even my old Lumia 900.

martinmc78, I thought that's what it might be at first too but I finished all my consolidations the first week that outlook.com came out, so its been over 30 days for sure and I would think everything should be ok by now.

I'll give them one more day I guess.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

How about you wait for MS to resolve the issue?

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Come on guys if you can't help move on to another thread.

OP keep hammering on Microsoft. I hope they get it done for you. Keep asking those question we will help if we can.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you David Blake. No resolution yet after 4 days. I'll keep after them. Thanks for restoring my faith in this forum.

chinlj

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
From the Microsoft forum, there are many had this problem. The only solution is to contact Microsoft (normally via online chat) and ask them to reset your device count. Normally takes 5 - 24 hours to get it done.

I'm having this issue as well for 2 months and still not resolved yet. I got all the redundant devices when I sent in my Lumia 900 for service multiple times and used their loaned Lumia 800 twice. Right now, I still haven't gotten back my Lumia 900 and my Live ID still can't be used with any new phone, even the replacement from Nokia. I've had many online chat with MS during the first month and they always ask me to delete from www.windowsphone.com. When I said I've been told that many many times and I'd done that many many times, they will start to give different stories why it is still not resolved. Recently one of them send me email almost weekly asking me to provide some very basic information like device name, Telco name etc, which they should have asked in the first month during one of the many many online chat sessions if those are important information. All these make me feel like they are just trying to buy time and drag on this thing.

Just for fun, my L900 story starts from call quality issue persists from multiple parts repair & replace, then come the screen flickering when turning on, and finally they "introduces" me the weird capacitive touch button which back button behave like long press, home button triggers TellMe. All of these are common problem found in various forums and all of these happen within the last 2 months.

I am almost at the point of giving up Windows Phone even though I love using it compared to Android & iOS.

Last edited:

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I cannot believe that Microsoft still hasn't fixed this problem. It's really bad.

I had it back when they broke the Zune client, and NOBODY could help me for weeks. Rendered my device useless and I swapped to an iPhone until MS figured out that its butt wasn't also its elbow.

This should be a simple setting embedded in software -- or even on the device. If Microsoft is going to impose draconian DRM, then they also need to impose a simple, easy and low-maintenance way to remove devices, not the current cluster-you-know-what of "beg Microsoft to reset your device count."

I feel for you OP. I felt exactly the same way when I had the issue. Hang in there, it will get better when you reset.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
OP here, finally got my issue resolved yesterday. I tried to give customer service another try and of course they were worthless. So, I decided to just email Steve Ballmer himself eventhough I knew it would go to one of thier flunkies. To my surprise, I recieved an email the next day from someone that claimed to be with the executive office or something and that they needed a little more info to process my problem. I gave them a detailed description and less than an hour later another reply came to me claiming that they were aware of the problem and would have a soloution in 24 hours. The next day it was fixed. I reset my Lumia 920 and put everything back in and it synced like a charm. Been playing with it all weekend so far.

While im glad my problem is fixed, I still can't believe the lengths that I had to go to in order to get it fixed. As a customer, I should not ever have to email the head of a company because something on a product does not work. That stuff should be easily handled at the lower levels. Updates on issues you are having are a must for customer service. I might have been more inclined to wait for the regular customer service to fix my problem if I had recieved something as simple as a daily email update saying that they were still working on my problem and I was not forgotten.

Do what I did, email sballmer@microsoft.com . See if it helps. Good luck.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
OP here, finally got my issue resolved yesterday. I tried to give customer service another try and of course they were worthless. So, I decided to just email Steve Ballmer himself eventhough I knew it would go to one of thier flunkies. To my surprise, I recieved an email the next day from someone that claimed to be with the executive office or something and that they needed a little more info to process my problem. I gave them a detailed description and less than an hour later another reply came to me claiming that they were aware of the problem and would have a soloution in 24 hours. The next day it was fixed. I reset my Lumia 920 and put everything back in and it synced like a charm. Been playing with it all weekend so far.

While im glad my problem is fixed, I still can't believe the lengths that I had to go to in order to get it fixed. As a customer, I should not ever have to email the head of a company because something on a product does not work. That stuff should be easily handled at the lower levels. Updates on issues you are having are a must for customer service. I might have been more inclined to wait for the regular customer service to fix my problem if I had recieved something as simple as a daily email update saying that they were still working on my problem and I was not forgotten.

Do what I did, email sballmer@microsoft.com . See if it helps. Good luck.

Glad you got the support man :)

chinlj

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Amazing! There must be an army to read this Inbox if that is what it takes to get this fixed.

Just had a reply from MS support, asking me my PUID again, which I have given recently.

What kind of mess is behind MS support!

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's a huge mess. Hang in there and keep trying. I have been playing with it all weekend and it's the first time I have seriously considered switching from my Iphone since I bought it. I just wish ATT had better service in my area. Looks like I will have to go to Verizon soon...

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
For this issue, use my link, it should fix it :) I have it in my sig and it was working within 2 hours of the call :)

chinlj

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it's a huge mess. Hang in there and keep trying. I have been playing with it all weekend and it's the first time I have seriously considered switching from my Iphone since I bought it. I just wish ATT had better service in my area. Looks like I will have to go to Verizon soon...

Unfortunately the mailbox you mentioned is full and can't send anything right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss