Nokia stock is up 15% today and growing ...

Klevis

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
These past 2 days Nokia's stock has been behaving very well, growing. 2 days ago it was up <6%, yesterday it was almost flat and today it is 15% up. That looks pretty amazing. :D Does anyone here own Nokia stock??

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Analysts are doing the math vis-a-vis the Beijing factory and sell-through rates. Nokia had been written off by Wall Street as dead-n-gone, so any improvement in results will send the stock soaring.

Klevis

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Analysts are doing the math vis-a-vis the Beijing factory and sell-through rates. Nokia had been written off by Wall Street as dead-n-gone, so any improvement in results will send the stock soaring.

I am a little sceptical about these 'analysts' who claim to predict the future of the stock price. It is not possible to predict it through mathematical functions, because nobody knows what's going to happen just by looking at a graph. When Apple was almost 700$ there were some analysts who predicted that Apple was a strong buy with target price 1111$. Now we know that Apple's stock price is 560$.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
They aren't predicting the stock price, just the business performance. The FUD about WP made it so the stock was essentially priced for zero sales. If Nokia has even mild sales, the stock will take off. That is the downside of FUD.

Winfonejunkie

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I bought a ton of shares when the price was around 2.20 and have been LOVING this recent rise. Anyone who owned an 800 or 900 knew Nokia had what it takes to create a phenomal product, which they did with the 920. Nothing feels better than checking my mystock app on my lumia and realizing i just made a boatload of cash over night...

2013 is going to be a great year for Nokia and its investors.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
During the last few weeks, many U.S. analysts and investment firms raised their outlooks on NOK (from SELL to HOLD or even BUY).

Interestingly, some of the most outspoken NOK pessimists have spent the last six months buying NOK shares, all the while recommending others to sell. Goldman Sachs was one of many such companies, who are now amongst Nokia' largest share holders.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Our CFO told me he bought Nokia and he's looking to trade in his iPhone 4S for a Lumia 920 too. He's pretty savvy as far as the stock market goes, so I view it as somewhat of a good sign if he's bullish on Nokia.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
When Goldman says "buy this," short it.

When Goldman says "don't buy this, it's crap" and loads up on it, buy it.
RIM surged 50% recently. Now Goldman is advising to buy RIM, but without providing any reasoning as to why. Are people buying on BB10 rumors and bound to sell on the news? Based on our Goldman rule, shorting the stock would be a good idea right about now. ;-)

sentimentGX4

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is a rather safe investment bet because as long as it can return to profitability, regardless of how marginal, the stock will be deeply discounted due to its great deal of assets.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon