Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

19 Posts
    I have a Nokia Lumia 920, and I love it. However, about once every one to two days, and occasionally twice in a day, my phone locks up. It doesn't reboot, it simply becomes non-functional on a black screen. I am unable to press the power button and have it turn back on. I have to resort to the coo down/power restart.

After hearing about various issues with Skype, I decided to delete the app for the time being. So far so good. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and how you overcame it if you do/did. Thanks!

381 Posts
    Try volume down and power for 10 seconds, does a soft reset equivalent to pulling the battery. Also, if you have a bunch of push notifications turned on that may be a cause, or words with friends was the main cause of mine. I deleted wwf and haven't had a problem since.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com

19 Posts
    So no dice on Skype. I am now trying to remove words with friends as recommended. We will see how that goes.

1 Posts
    Thanks for posting this!! First time this has happened for me, but my phone restarted! *phew* Guess I will delete skype based on the 1st users recommendation.

138 Posts
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Amber update got many problems solived on my phone but... with Black/gdr3 (especially gdr3) update (i updated with developer preview) the bugs come in again for me. Now i have frequent hangups, a little less frequent random reboot) and slow loading process....

3 Posts
    Try volume down and power for 10 seconds, does a soft reset equivalent to pulling the battery.
    According to everyone's suggestions, I delete skype based.

coque nexus 5 etui nokia lumia 520
    housse nokia lumia 520 housse nexus 5
    Last edited by Dallorto; 03-27-2014 at 10:39 PM.

2 Posts
    happend to me today, i recently updated my 925 to lumia black (4 days ago, Telcel Carrier in Mexico), did the volume down+power button thing and solved the problem.

thanks a lot guys!!

650 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,777 Global Posts
    I got that once in while that the phone freezes...not cool