Getting so much spam, how do I change my hotmail address

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Title says it all. I don't have many things linked to that address. Mainly xbox stuff. Any suggestions? My phone wakes me up throughout the night with hotmail spam. (No bedtime function WP8!)

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using the spam filtering tools when you open it up in your desktop browser?

I hardly get any spam at all in my hotmail account. My Gmail account is full if spam.

WasteSomeTime

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Can't you send that stuff to the spam folder or go to the subscribed website and change your email address there?
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Ya know, I've rarely used the web client. I'll see if that works.
And I don't get half as much spam in my gmail. Just things i signed up for and don't care for anymore, so I unsubscribe from most of those.

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
You could also turn off the sound for email notifications in the settings so it doesn't buzz every time you get an email. That would drive me batty.

Otherwise, the spam filtering advice the others gave is spot-on. Train the filter, and you get a lot less spam.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Sucks, I can't access my hotmail from work on my computer. Looks like I'll wait to get home or see if my phone can do this...which I doubt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3