Instagram on Windows Phone

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
@dsirico I have to agree with you to an extent, yes Instagram is not a social community like Facebook or Twitter and yes there are many photo apps that let you apply filters and upload. But it is the name that counts to people. For example, you have two white t-shirts one is plain and the other has a quarter inch Polo insignia on it. One is $5 the other is $50 and people are going to flock and stampede each other to pay $50. People are very fickle and dense. They aren't willing to give up the ability to be social and cool just for a better quality product. Like I said earlier I was a big Instagram user when I had my iPhone 4, but the OS got boring and I got tired of jailbreaking it just to get some change. WP has the style and change that I was more than willing to part with the apps. This is called being an INDIVIDUAL, what most people are scared to be. And the less individuals we have the more WP is likely to fail. I know Instagram alone will not save WP, but it can be the start to allowing to take the first hit into both iOS and Android's profit share in the mobile world.Personally I don't want to go back to iOS, I love my WP but without the popular apps its doomed to fail eventually. Not from people not buying WP but from the Microsoft deciding to wash their hands with it due to not enough profit.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
And another note, I bet if some asked what phone you have and they were interested in perhaps possibly getting a WP the first question out of their mouth 9/10 would be "Does it have Instagram?".

eshy

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
That's an old article, it's already been mentioned, and if you look at "Update 2" towards the bottom of the article it says that Instagram will not be developing an app.

that's not what it says. Microsoft paid to get app built for WP7 before, it built the Facebook app too. that means Facebook didn't spend any resources to build the official Facebook app, Microsoft did.The same thing could be happening here. In fact, I'm surprised Microsoft didn't spend some money to get all the missing top apps on their platform to fix the app problem perception WP has.

Joe Belfiore's tweet re:Instagram was more telling (if it was being worked on by Microsoft, he wouldn't send people to Systrom)

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
that's not what it says.

Reading comprehension fail much? That's almost *exactly* what it says.
The article says: "Instagram is not investing its own resources into the development of a potential Instagram app"
I said: "Instagram will not be developing an app"

If Instagram is not investing it's own resources into the app, it's not developing an app. If a 3rd party is developing an "official" app, that's another thing entirely (but until there is confirmation of such an agreement, it's all conjecture and wishful thinking no matter who tweeted what.)

nbktonic

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
*Damn - wrote 30 lines and closed the window* F**K!!!!

First of all, I am replying to your post since you seem to have the maximum number of posts on the forum telling me that you are very active on this forum.

I am going to keep this brief because I don’t have time to write everything again. All you guys have to know is that I have a sentimental attachment towards Nokia. I have grown up with their devices and would not want to lose them, that too from Apple and Samsung. We all know, realise and accept the fact that WP8 has a very impressive UI and a great OS. We also know that it lacks on apps and functionality when it comes to business use (As I have heard other users complaining, I am OK with it). MS has been in this business for so many years, the least we would expect off them is to provide great business functionality without any bugs when they launch a product through Billion $ marketing, to evoke a widespread adoption of companies to use WP8 devices with their employees.

Anyways, hopefully that will be taken care off with time and that too before Apple comes out with a killer device next year! I am here for one thing. Today morning I woke up, and saw another Instagram post (CMON!). Isnt it enough? We, as WP users do not really need it. But we know our friends/family do not want to switch over because WP might not have apps suited to them, which is making them to not switch even if they enjoy the UI and like what MS has done with WP8. But we want them to, we want to somehow convince them to switch over, because the more users jump into this, the more confidence we can provide the developers! Simple as that - it’s a cylce. Has to start somewhere. Developers are not going to develop a product if they cannot monetize their product from Day1!

For this same reason, please let me introduce a Google Doc Spreadsheet (I know, I should not be using Google but then it has a good cloud functionality so that all the users around the world can use this and I do not have access to Office 365, sorry!) - http://goo.gl/6Xz2a

This is simply a petition to raise our voice. The fields are:

1. Name (you can keep it blank if you would like to keep your privacy)
  2. Twitter handle - would be good to know and connect with like minded people)
  3. WP Central ID - we should have atleast one name to tag you with (either of these 3 or all!)
  4. Petition for APP development - this is where you write which app you would like to raise your voice for. Write as many as you want, but remember each APP you vote for - please make a separate entry. Do not write names of 4 apps in one go. INDIVIDUAL ENTRY FOR EVERY APP PLEASE!
  5. Country you are from
  6. City you are from

EXAMPLE:

1. Name: Kavin U. (my name)
  2. Twitter handle - kavinl
  3. WP Central ID - nbktonic
  4. Petition for app dev - Insatgram
  5. Country - UAE
  6. City - Dubai.
  7. Hit Submit

Now if I want to raise my voice for “Mint.com”, I will refollow the above procedure to create a new entry within the spreadsheet file.

I hope this is simple enough. Every thing you share is being saved in a spread sheet file and I think it would be a good idea to give this about 3 months to circulate around the world (gather your friends and family!) - the more involvement we have, the better! Today is 23rd December 2012 (Thank god the world did not end! Screw you Mayan, I wanna play some more with my Yellow Nokia Lumia 920;) ), and I think it would be good to close this on 15th April, 2013.

Guys, if you think this has to be revised in any ways, please let me know latest within a day - since I am leaving for holidays.

At the end, I will filter down responses with drop down menus and submit the voice to individual development teams so that they can understand the market and hopefully decide to work on developing favorite apps for all of us!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I am in a similar boat when it comes to flipboard. So i mailed them.
And this is what they replied:

uma2u9u8.jpg

At least, it SOUNDS positive.
I would suggest lets do the same with Instagram too.

Sent from my RaZr on MIUI.

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I am in a similar boat when it comes to flipboard. So i mailed them.
And this is what they replied:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/23/uma2u9u8.jpg

At least, it SOUNDS positive.
I would suggest lets do the same with Instagram too.

this is actually more than positive. I can't remember the thread, but someone else emailed clipboard and they stated they weren't interested in this time to expanding to WP8.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
this is actually more than positive. I can't remember the thread, but someone else emailed clipboard and they stated they weren't interested in this time to expanding to WP8.

I don't know, but as you can see, this is a direct screenshot of our conversation. I see no reason why they shouldn't be making an app for WP8...

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't care less about Instagram but...my brother and his wife really like my 920 when we all got together recently. Just found out he went out and bought one for his wife as a Christmas present. Got a text about it this morning stating that and asking about Instagram. I let him know that it is not currently available, but it could be in the future. He said he will probably have to return her present now, as she only uses two apps on her iphone: Facebook and Instagram.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
lomogram.... done

That post.... incorrect.

Lomogram is great if you want to apply filters to pictures and post them to one of its supported social networks. It does not, however, allow posting to the Instagram network and many, many people use Instagram's network. So if you're looking for Instagram, Lomogram isn't anywhere near done.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99