Instagram on Windows Phone

VDubb22

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Instagram on WP8.

I couldn't care less about Instagram but...my brother and his wife really like my 920 when we all got together recently. Just found out he went out and bought one for his wife as a Christmas present. Got a text about it this morning stating that and asking about Instagram. I let him know that it is not currently available, but it could be in the future. He said he will probably have to return her present now, as she only uses two apps on her iphone: Facebook and Instagram.

That's a damn shame.

Chill510

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I work for one of the 4 main US carriers....the other day I witnessed someone return a HTC 8x because one of my colleagues told her it had Instagram....when she found it it didn't....she returned the device. Me being the windows rep in my store I gave her the whole scoop on Instagram and WP8. Recommended some Instagram clients....she then proceeded to return and exchange for GSIII. It sucked...i didn't know what to say.

xacious

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Social apps have become a priority to a lot of users. Though im indifferent toward instagram its clear that to a huge group of people heavily rely on it. I hope for the best with WP8 its a shame that people base their entire user experience on the lack of one app but that's the nature of the smartphone business today.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
The article says: "Instagram is not investing its own resources into the development of a potential Instagram app."
If Instagram is not investing it's own resources into the app, it's not developing an app.
FWIW, if one reads "investing its own resources" as "spending its own money," your conclusion doesn't have to be true. MS could be paying the company to develop an in-house Instragram client for WP8. MS support payments are not unheard of. (MS paid a consultant to work with my employer to develop a Win8 tablet version of our WP app.) That said, speculating about who is doing or not doing is just that: speculation.

Sharmin69

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
It is really sad that instagram is not coming wp8! I am also agree with others about instagram for the windows platform, which will be great.
I like this apps as others, I found some people to buy instagram likes cheap and happy with finding new buddies. Anyway, why people think it is waste of time?

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That is why you are not a Microsoft exec. If we want good apps then we want the developers to REALIZE it is a good investment and do it for themselves

PhoneConnoisseur

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have been an iPhone owner since Feb 2009, but had been in love with iPhone since its very 1st release.. It is still my primary phone, however, lately it has forced me to seek out other devices due to a number of issues. I need a temp change of scenery. My device of choice? The YELLOW Nokia Lumia 920! (anti-android.. doesn't matter why) I haven't received it yet, andI am beyond excited! However, it really does sadden me that Instragram is not available and that it may not even be in the works right now. If it were not for my need for a drastic change, my love for Lumia 920's hardware and totally different operating system.. My iPhone would be my ONLY phone, considering WP8's lack of critical apps. And yes, Instagram for ME is critical! But I couldn't resist. HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY HOPEFULLY Instagram is coming.. sooner than later!

Daimy0

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Best bet right now is to pin Ink361.com to your phone...and view Instagram from there.....However the website wont let you post new content....:angry:

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share an update. My brother did have to exchange the 920 for an iphone 5. As I mentioned, his wife uses Instagram and Facebook all of the time and she did not want to go without. I am sure there are others in the same situation. It's too bad, but oh well. They actually like the 920 better, it just does not do what she wants at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb