Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

Falling in love

HP Envy 34 review: An ultrawide curved all-in-one after my heart

2015 machine in 2017?

Surface 3 still holds its own in 2017

Let Kodi cut your cord

You should be using Kodi for Windows 10

Leader of the pack

HP's Spectre x360 15 just might be the best all-around laptop

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 249
Like Tree106Likes
  1. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,105 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #176  
    Honestly i'm really surprised MS+Nokia haven't got the app there yet. Personally could care less for Instagram, but i'm sure those two companies know it's important.
    Nokia single-handedly got Rovio to make Angry Birds and one special game (Bounce Evolution) for N900 before even Android got the game. Device that probably sold around 100 000 back in 2009.


    I'm just thinking that MS and Nokia would probably happily do the software or pay for the work.
  2. iamtim's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,579 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,774 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #177  
    Not if the actual usage numbers don't support it, no.
  3. Richee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #178  
    Well since my forum was moved I just want to say I think people should spend less time arguing and more time signing this petition to get http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...re_before_sign
  4. Andrew Z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    Honestly i'm really surprised MS+Nokia haven't got the app there yet. Personally could care less for Instagram, but i'm sure those two companies know it's important.
    Nokia single-handedly got Rovio to make Angry Birds and one special game (Bounce Evolution) for N900 before even Android got the game. Device that probably sold around 100 000 back in 2009.


    I'm just thinking that MS and Nokia would probably happily do the software or pay for the work.
    honestly though, that relationship might be strong because both companies are Finnish. Sounds weird, but I think that's why that was able to happen
  5. JamesDax's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    748 Posts
    Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #180  
    Well, I've been playing around with Fotoroom for a bit and I guess I can see what the appeal of Instagram must be. So I guess it would be nice if Windows Phone got it.
  6. crystal_planet's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,018 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,088 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #181  
    I have no desire to use it, but by judging some of the posts here, I realize how important it is to other people and if it makes WP more appealing I'm all for it.
    zyran and flame l like this.
  7. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,833 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #182  
    Wow this thread.

    It's the same thing being said over and over and over throughout the entire thread.

    Talk about spinning top in mud.
  8. Big Supes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,698 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Not if the actual usage numbers don't support it, no.
    You would need to build the app, release it and wait six months (mission successful) before you would know.

    Devs and companies build apps based on interest and demand routinely.
  9. stmav's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,685 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,767 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    I have no desire to use it, but by judging some of the posts here, I realize how important it is to other people and if it makes WP more appealing I'm all for it.
    +1
  10. bradbamford's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #185  
    Instagram's CEO came from Google before starting Instagram. It's in his ingrained culture to despises Microsoft. It's not about the money, everyone knows Microsoft and Nokia have been practically throwing money at them. The app will eventually come, but right now it's making his day/month/year rejecting Microsoft's pleas for an app from his company.
    SergeMcG likes this.
  11. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by bradbamford View Post
    Instagram's CEO came from Google before starting Instagram. It's in his ingrained culture to despises Microsoft. It's not about the money, everyone knows Microsoft and Nokia have been practically throwing money at them. The app will eventually come, but right now it's making his day/month/year rejecting Microsoft's pleas for an app from his company.
    Then let's just admit it, not only is he going to never let the app reach WP, if hacks start getting round allowing posting he's going to block them, for Windows Phone only. Next he'll make it so anyone accessing Instagram from Windows Phone gets an instant redirect to a 403 Forbidden error page.
  12. masterchief1984's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Then let's just admit it, not only is he going to never let the app reach WP, if hacks start getting round allowing posting he's going to block them, for Windows Phone only. Next he'll make it so anyone accessing Instagram from Windows Phone gets an instant redirect to a 403 Forbidden error page.
    but I thought Facebook bought instagram
  13. bradbamford's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    131 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by masterchief1984 View Post
    but I thought Facebook bought instagram
    They did, so that's part of why I believe the app will eventually come, corporate interests trumps personal agendas. However, even after Facebook acquired Instagram, his title is still CEO of Instagram see About Us &bull; Instagram
  14. JukeWP8's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #189  
    WP needs instagram. well at least I would like to have it. not for the pictures and effects... its the social media aspect to it.
  15. mohdbh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #190  
    I am holding my purchase for windows phone (Nokia Lumia 920) until instagram apps comes into the picture, I know there is an alternative apps, but It doesn't work for me, because it is not just about taking pictures, but the social aspects of instagram.

    I have iPhone 4 currently
  16. Big Supes's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,698 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #191  
    Social sites come 'n go and Instagram are short sighted if they think they'll achieve the same longevity as Facebook. I would want the app across all platforms to achieve maximum user numbers before it catches a cold.
  17. masterchief1984's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    199 Posts
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by mohdbh View Post
    I am holding my purchase for windows phone (Nokia Lumia 920) until instagram apps comes into the picture, I know there is an alternative apps, but It doesn't work for me, because it is not just about taking pictures, but the social aspects of instagram.

    I have iPhone 4 currently
    I was also thinking like this, but I wanted the phone so badly. Even though I don't have instagram its not too big of a problem.
  18. Grampz01's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #193  
    Legit think it should come to Windows Phone
  19. web99's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,186 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    Petitions are dumb.
    I disagree. They raise awareness and if enough people sign, it demonstrates that there is significant public support for the item being petitioned. A few weeks ago, the petition for more apps, including instagram, to be created for the windows 8 platform got the attention of NBC and they did the following news story on it.

    Windows Phone fans petition Square, Instagram, Google for apps - Technology on NBCNews.com
    Big Supes likes this.
  20. hafeezpunjani's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    10 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #195  
    there are so many petitions already. This is just one of them
    http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...are_after_sign
  21. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,046 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,703 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by hafeezpunjani View Post
    there are so many petitions already. This is just one of them
    http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...are_after_sign
    Signed!
  22. Andrew Z's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #197  
    So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?
  23. failed1234's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #198  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?
    She probably just uses Android/ iOS.
    Sent from my HTC 8x using Board Express
  24. lipper2000's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    185 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Z View Post
    So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?
    All these mentions of petitions also make me laugh...I think if you could convince Jessica Alba to ask them for it you would stand a better chance of getting it...

    I believe it's coming and since I've seen videos not related to gadget sites where she is carrying a 920 (now white) everywhere with her, I would imagine that she is still using the 920...she might have multiple phones though although I've only seen her holding a 920
  25. MDak280's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    Global Posts
    433 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #200  
    I'm sorry if this question is stupid, buy why don't 3rd party devs add the function of uploading pictures to Instagram to their apps? Is it difficult to do this, or do they need permission from Instagram or what? I've seen some 3rd party Instagram apps but none with the ability to upload.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Great Michael Fisher piece on Instagram and Windows Phone
    By Tahiti Bob in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 01:02 PM
  2. GMail/GCalendar on Windows Phone 7
    By JoshP in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 08:36 PM
  3. Zune Pass on Windows Phone??
    By jonharrell in forum Zune
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 08:27 PM

Posting Permissions