Instagram on Windows Phone

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
That's not true... EyeEm and Fhotobooth are both great alternatives. The issue is that people aren't using EyeEm or Fhotobooth, they're using Instagram. This is what the IG haters don't get; it's not about the app, it's about the community.
I keep saying its about the community lol that's been my stance. Those apps are pretty clunky compared to instagram though. But that's still not what I've been focusing on.

And the list of apps does continue, rregret the switch sometimes. I don't like that feeling because the platform is amazing and noone gives a ****

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft should pay Instagram for the development cost, or work a deal that allows MS to write an app themselves. Launch it with the next round of phones that I'm assuming will also have good cameras, the time in the press-cycle alone would make it worth it.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What's gonna suck is if Instagram comes to BB10.

Yes, that will suck mightily. IMHO, beating BB is a requirement for WP's success. If BB10 gets Instagram and other really popular apps which are not on WP, that won't happen and WP will suffer some serious damage.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that will suck mightily. IMHO, beating BB is a requirement for WP's success. If BB10 gets Instagram and other really popular apps which are not on WP, that won't happen and WP will suffer some serious damage.
see THAT is correct. And very unfortunate. BB10 is just around the corner. Oh Mann. What do you think will happen? You have faith!?

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You have faith!?

Honestly? Gah, I hate to say this, but no. For as much as I love WP8 and my Lumia 820, it's become a Surface mini for Xbox Glass and 'net browsing use so I don't have to pull out my laptop in the living room, while my iPhone 4S is the phone I'm carrying with me. The reason is that the apps I regularly use just aren't on WP8. Normally I would ditch the unused phone in heartbeat, but I like WP8 and the 820 too much to sell it and I really want WP8 to succeed so I'm holding out, heh.

But I'm having a hard time thinking that WP8 is going to beat out BB10, though, especially if BB10 gets Instagram (and other apps) right out of the gate. It saddens me, really, because WP8 has the potential to clean house... it's such an advanced and slick OS, and the integration with Win 8 on the desktop and tablet is unlike any other. But... c'est la vie. If nothing else, I've got myself a cool little mini tablet to play with. :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I am unsure on BB10 and I will tell you why. As a mobility engineer I am responsible for our mobile stuff here at my work. We have a BES and we use Good Mobile Messaging. BB10 requires a brand new BES server, they won't work on the existing BES. So in order for businesses to move to BB10, they have to make the choice to spin up yet another managment environment. Of our 1100 corporate owned devices, only about 120 or so remain Blackberry (used to be 900 a few years ago.) Somebody is going to have to convince the right people to spend time putting up a BB10 environment. So it's not a slam dunk.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm not a mobility engineer, but I did manage our company's BB server. We're much smaller than your company, at our height we had 25 licenses all fully active, now we have the free BlackBerry Server Express running but I don't think we have a single BB device left. I didn't know that BB10 requires a new BES server, that does kinda complicate things. Do you know if they're going to have a BIS service for BB10? They'd pretty much have to, I'd assume, but I've known companies to make dumber mistakes. :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not a mobility engineer, but I did manage our company's BB server. We're much smaller than your company, at our height we had 25 licenses all fully active, now we have the free BlackBerry Server Express running but I don't think we have a single BB device left. I didn't know that BB10 requires a new BES server, that does kinda complicate things. Do you know if they're going to have a BIS service for BB10? They'd pretty much have to, I'd assume, but I've known companies to make dumber mistakes. :)

I don't know if they will have BIS or what. To be honest I have spent no time looking into it. BB10 devices will also support ActiveSync so that could be an option for some shops if they just use ActiveSync.

Other things in favor of BB10 is something WP8 lacks.. S/MIME for encrypted email. It STILL doesn't support it. I don't know if BB10 does, but all their older OS's do. It's not a big deal on the consumer side, but that is pretty much the only reason I still have a BES.

zakkforchilli

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Honestly? Gah, I hate to say this, but no. For as much as I love WP8 and my Lumia 820, it's become a Surface mini for Xbox Glass and 'net browsing use so I don't have to pull out my laptop in the living room, while my iPhone 4S is the phone I'm carrying with me. The reason is that the apps I regularly use just aren't on WP8. Normally I would ditch the unused phone in heartbeat, but I like WP8 and the 820 too much to sell it and I really want WP8 to succeed so I'm holding out, heh.

But I'm having a hard time thinking that WP8 is going to beat out BB10, though, especially if BB10 gets Instagram (and other apps) right out of the gate. It saddens me, really, because WP8 has the potential to clean house... it's such an advanced and slick OS, and the integration with Win 8 on the desktop and tablet is unlike any other. But... c'est la vie. If nothing else, I've got myself a cool little mini tablet to play with. :)
im right there with you. Every word identical to my thoughts haha. I'm preying for them and yes they DO have the ability to clean house they just need the damn APPS!
AND YES im preying that BB10 doesn't get insyagram and others out the gate. Microsoft will have a fit, and if they can't get the devs on board, they KNOW they're screwed! I've been reading, and ZDNet says BB10 is what they're most excited about although they WANT to have faith, like us, in W8. ITS scary. If the bloggers are on board... Ahhhhh lol

David Marques

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, this nokia lumia is ****ing amazing, fast and so much more! But all app are terrible! If you want to give a valor and quality, Mr Windows, buy all goods app to wp or everybody will sell that ****. Me too! Come on, pay to have better!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs