Instagram on Windows Phone

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
So question. Jessica alba, who is supposed to be a big name for WP sponsorship, just posted a photo on instagram which ended up on twitter. Is this a sign that it's coming in the very near future or that she uses android/ios as well?

Do photos on Instagram still have metadata on them that show what kind of device took the picture?

EDIT: I checked Facebook and it doesn't show what kind of camera was used... Instagram probably strips that out too...

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry if this question is stupid, buy why don't 3rd party devs add the function of uploading pictures to Instagram to their apps? Is it difficult to do this, or do they need permission from Instagram or what? I've seen some 3rd party Instagram apps but none with the ability to upload.

Permission from Instagram is needed.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Other than the note on this FAQ page (FAQ • Instagram) Instagram seem to have been very quiet about WP. That FAQ refers to WP7 so presumably was written a while back.

Took me a while to find it on their website but you can email them here: Email Us • Instagram Help Center - so it might be worth emailing them to request the app. The more interest they see the more likely they are to consider making it!

(Not sure what you'd select as the Subject from that drop down list...maybe "Can't log in" since WP users can't log in!)

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Makes me wonder whether development has not even started or they are just keeping tight-lipped. Belfiore promised Pandora back at the WP8 launch ... it's still not here

tompski

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well said! This is exactly the case with my gf. She's looking for a new phone and as soon as she found out there is no instagram she lost interest in WP.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe after all that has been said about the issue that some people (on this board and all over the net) are continuing to blame Microsoft for the lack of an Instagram app. Do they think that MS is holding out on an Instagram app on purpose? How much can MS do if Instagram does not allow access to their services.

The fact of the matter is that for whatever reason Instagram does not want to make an app for WP. It could be that they want money from Microsoft, they don't have the resources to make and support an app, they are waiting for WP to get a bigger market share, or some outside player is getting in Instagram's ear and telling them to avoid WP.

I have read a lot of rumors that the head of Instagram isn't a fan of Microsoft so that could be an issue. I don't know how much truth there is to that but it is another possibility.

xBXVx97

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Why don't people use the third party applications of instagram like metrogram and upload their photos via the instagram website on their desktop?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6