Instagram on Windows Phone

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
uhh yea you can. Instagram made this whole announcement about it that you can upload photos from their site alongside make a account without the app

Oh really? Please do link me to the page where I can upload pictures.. Do you even have an Instagram account?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Because blackberry10 is actually a brilliant os that most of you here are so blinded would bias you just don't wanna accept it. I have a playbook so I know what bb10 must feel like as they're very similar. I can't wait to pick up my z10. For the months and months you all gave bb a kicking proclaiming it was dead and blah blah.. The crackberry faithful are gonna rub this in your faces. Life is a bieee..

3 posts in and all you've done is mock the community and trash WP. Let's just skip the warning and go straight to perman-banned.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh wow sorry I lied, you can only view and make a account on the instagram website. BUT! You can download this Android emulator on your PC and upload your pictures that way. Here is a link to that.
Workaround lets you upload Instagram photos from your desktop computer | How To - CNET

**** sake was just about to post about that myself. I'm using Bluestacks myself. Great workaround. Though had to ask my favourite artist for a bit of help with using it, and I'm a freaking tech whore! I should know everything about it!

isthisorganic

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
yunolikwin8.jpg i agree with you totally! Instagram is a social network before it is anything else, it should be open to all who engage in social networking, regardless of platform. I switched to windows phone and I'ma not gonna switch back for instagram! I like win8 way too much. I'm also not going to do the convoluted thing and use an android emulator to post images - i can just use one of the other photo apps and post to facebook or twitter or whatever! And i can still see my friends' posts and like them if i want to. Easy peesy. I don't think this is a lot cause at all with the new nokia lumia that came out which kicks iphone 5's butt! Especially in low light situations.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I won't go out of my way to get on Instagram. While I could possibly get into it later on down the line (if they release it), I genuinely don't feel the urge to post pictures of everything.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Ridemyscooter86

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about instagram but its bad that its not on WP8. I think Microsoft should wither give them money to put it on WP or offer to help a lot in either developing the app or make the app themselves, like they helped develop spotify for WP7.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Kevin Systrom who is one of the co-founders of Instagram worked with Google for a few years. It's not a long shot to suggest that he still has some social ties to Google and someone from there is getting in his ear about not making a WP Instagram app.

Jeff Bettger

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a lot of friends who use instagram. To them it is a deal breaker since their social media revolves around IG more than twitter, and some even FB.
I love my WP8 and used to use an android, and IG. WP8 user interface is much better, and more important than an IG app, but not for many of my friends.
I would use it if WP8 has it, but if not it is really not the end of the world.
Thanks for the thread. IG would be a great addition to the store if it ever comes.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I have been doing a little thinking about the Instagram situation. I vaguely remember an article a few weeks back saying that Microsoft had an Instagram app ready to go but Instagram wasn't giving them permission for them to access their services. So this leaves you to wonder why Instagram would not allow for them to use their services.

- The app would most likely be free so there is no problems about splitting profit or anything like that.

- If MS (or any other developer) developed the app then Instagram wouldn't have to do any coding or debugging themselves. Instagram would probably just have to provide some kind of gateway for the app to access their services.

- Even if WP has a small piece of the smartphone pie, it would still be a few million more users for Instagram

So the reality is that Instagram doesn't have much to lose by allowing an Instagram app for Windows Phone. The only things I can think of as to why they won't allow it are:
1) Maybe there are some differences on privacy issues with the app - we know MS is a little tighter on how apps handle user data compared to iOS and Android.
2) Instagram has some kind of grudge against MS, or they are being influenced by other companies to not develop for MS on purpose

futurix

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I have been doing a little thinking about the Instagram situation. I vaguely remember an article a few weeks back saying that Microsoft had an Instagram app ready to go but Instagram wasn't giving them permission for them to access their services.

That was about YouTube, not Instagram.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned on the front page of WP Central, Molome is coming soon to WP8. Molome is an Instagram clone with badges that has an already existing, large user base from Symbian, MeeGo, and older BlackBerries. They also have an iOS and Android app.

The founder of Molome has posted pics of the app on his Molome feed. The reason I post this here, is that he's also posted pics hinting of some level of Instagram integration:
I said that MOLOME is Instagram's friend and I meant it ! ;) | MOLOME?

So, if Molome comes to WP8 and has that integration, we may not need an actual bona-fide Instagram app.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
As mentioned on the front page of WP Central, Molome is coming soon to WP8. Molome is an Instagram clone with badges that has an already existing, large user base from Symbian, MeeGo, and older BlackBerries. They also have an iOS and Android app.

The founder of Molome has posted pics of the app on his Molome feed. The reason I post this here, is that he's also posted pics hinting of some level of Instagram integration:
I said that MOLOME is Instagram's friend and I meant it ! ;) | MOLOME?

So, if Molome comes to WP8 and has that integration, we may not need an actual bona-fide Instagram app.

I can explain that to so many people I know of but they will be like "it isn't Instagram" and will then proceed to pull out a knife and stab me a few million times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos