#DroidRage, really, Microsoft?!

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
And enough nonsense about how "Google never does anything nasty to its competition."

Copying Microsoft and Apple -- often directly down to basic interface guidelines -- is pretty nasty. Google should come up with its own ideas.

Compared to Google's endless copying, Microsoft's facts-based warnings of Android's many problems is mild indeed.

FindleInClev

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Um, when you are fighting tooth and nail for marketshare, there is no negative marketing- just marketing. Anything that gets your name out there, it doesn't matter. Welcome to the real world, its not all puppies, it's sell or be killed off.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The Android community is a bunch of delicate flowers. Sure, they have 75% market share. Sure, everyone who doesn't use Android is stupid. But criticize Android, even mildly, and they let loose the Whining Hounds of Hades.

"How dare you?"
"This is tasteless!"
"Microsoft is sooooo lame d00d!"
"Google is so nice and cool and ethical, Micro$oft is evul!"

I cannot remember a group of people in the history of consumer technology who was this whiny while being on top. Even the hard-core Apple fanboys of the dark days of the 1990s were less reactionary.

Seems to me that Google's stint at the top is destined to be temporary.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I love how a lot of Google fans think they are some sort of ethical, people's company and toss around words like "free" and "open source" yet simply disregard their scumball tactics that they use for end user privacy and data.

Also, the people getting upset would never make good sales people if they just want to be nice to everyone. They would probably end up saying, "Hey we make this product, but the competitor's is better" since they want everyone to play nice.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
#AndroidSux

Why would anyone want one???? I've all four major OS's Android bottom feeds for sure!!

Much like their angry little trolls. Now that would be a great game/ Angry Trolls!

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Your vitriol directed towards Google is most apparent. Have Google personally offended you in some way?

Wait, let me get this straight: A bunch of posters come in here and call Microsoft a bunch names, several people step up and shoot back at Google, and the best you've got is "Why are you so mean to Google?"

The armchair psychiatry routine is a little thin. "And how does that make you feel?"

crazeee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Wait, let me get this straight: A bunch of posters come in here and call Microsoft a bunch names, several people step up and shoot back at Google, and the best you've got is "Why are you so mean to Google?"

The armchair psychiatry routine is a little thin. "And how does that make you feel?"

I've not seen any evidence on this forum of a bunch of posters coming to this forum and calling Microsoft a bunch of names. But there does seem to be an irrational hatred of Google for some reason.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Mark your post dude. 6 months later I'll come back and ask you whether this campaign had the same Galaxy S III effect or not. That phone sold nearly 20 million units in a few months. So between the 4-5 WP8 handsets that should be around 30-40 million units by Q3 2013? We'll see.
That argument doesn't even make sense. What is Android's user base when the GSIII came out versus what is WP's user base now? Your argument only holds water when WP's user base is close to Android's.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Your vitriol directed towards Google is most apparent. Have Google personally offended you in some way?

Yes. That Android piece of garbage they foisted on me and millions of other people has decimated countless hours of productivity with freezes, lags, lockups, missed e-mails, crashes, and bricked phones.

It made my neighbor cry when her Galaxy S III crashed hard and wouldn't come back on. And she is a very nice person.

Google made her cry -- CRY -- because their mobile OS is such an unmitigated piece of garbage.

And all their passive-aggressive "we aren't evil" schtick is wearing super-thin. They're no more "good" nor "evil" than any other big tech company trying to gain access to users' private data to resell to advertisers.