- 12-07-2012, 11:33 AM #1
New to WP8 and have a few questions.
1. I have set outlook.com as my main account and email address... and i have my google contacts synced with my outlook.com account.
Problem is, other than syncing email... there is no option to sync contacts or calandars from my outlook.com account. If i want my gmail contacts i would have to do it by setting up my gmail email account, and then have that option selected.
2. If i can resolve my first question, does outlook.com always sync with my gmail contacts. in other words, if i make a change from outlook.com, will it sync to gmail, and vice versa.
3. When these changes are made on my WP8, does the same apply?
Thanks in advance!
- 12-07-2012, 12:04 PM #3
Why stick with Gmail at all? It adds confusion and Google is always breaking things.
Just migrate all your contacts over to Outlook, and start using Outlook.com. Then you don't have to worry about all of Google's problems.
- 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM #5
Make sure that you designate Outlook.com as "Microsoft Exchange" rather than "Email." Otherwise, for some stupid reason, it defaults to IMAP and doesn't provide the same services that it does for Hotmail/Live.com (which Outlook.com essentially is).
- By jleebiker in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 12-21-2011, 05:15 PM
- By chuchnit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-09-2011, 01:23 PM
- By veii in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 11Last Post: 11-04-2011, 05:35 PM
- By BigCTM in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 7Last Post: 10-10-2011, 04:43 PM
- By JudgeHolden in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM