Microsoft should attack Google for its proprietary ways

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Me? I just found it amusing Mr Google was more of a regular. As to the reality of these meetings? I don't buy into conspiracy theories.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
much more than just google. How about 10 or 20000 scanners, all archiving files without drm ? could regular libraries be trusted to do it and backup the digital files redundantly ? If microsoft was doing the same, would it become ok with or without drm ?

Microsoft isn't doing it, and Microsoft won't do it, because they value IP.

And if you're suggesting that I can "trust" Google more than, say, the MIT Media Lab... well... let's just say I'll need a five minute break to finish laughing.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Omniusovermind, stop making references to conspiracy theories. Everyone on Internet forums knows that there's no corruption or dirty backroom dealing going on in government and big businesses. You're such a naive tinfoil hat wearing wackjob.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK, no. Firefox is a pretty solid browser, IMO.

I'm sorry, I don't follow. Bing is available on all browsers. . . unlike Gmaps! Touch?!

Comparing Google to an irresponsible child is actually quite fitting. Unfortunately it doesn't excuse Google. It's no different to claiming it's ok to let yourself into a strangers home, if they have failed to lock their door at night.

I have to say, I'm quite bemused by your blind loyalty towards Google throughout this conversation. What is the source of this reasoning? :wink:

It was a joke. I have no loyalty to google, or microsoft, or apple. I like some of their products. That's where it ends. The jealousy and irony of time passing and who is evil this week is hilarious, though.

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Much ado about nothing anyway. Google tried to trim the fat by cutting down on all the mobile browser formats they needed to support and we're probably just hoping nobody would get upset over it. When they did, they said they're going to fix it. Companies do stuff like this all the time.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Right! That's why they created code to detect the browser agent and, when it detected a competing browser, break the experience. Just housecleaning. :grincry:

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I still say if google wants to block services to WP, Microsoft should block all forms of google on all of their services. That means that customers with any version of windows no longer have access to gmail, google maps, youtube, or google.com.

Lets see who cracks first.

Shawn

imem

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Sv: Microsoft should attack Google for its proprietary ways

I still say if google wants to block services to WP, Microsoft should block all forms of google on all of their services. That means that customers with any version of windows no longer have access to gmail, google maps, youtube, or google.com.

Shawn

+1

Skickat fr?n min HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e via Tapatalk 2

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Shawn

Mmm, that would be a very, very bad idea, on many different fronts. Not to mention impossible, illegal, and incredibly pointless to even consider.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft should block anybody or anything.

They're a great IT citizen. They support their Outlook.com users and other users on every OS under the sun.

Microsoft should point out that its open, cross-platform solutions are superior in usability and functionality to Google's closed, proprietary services -- and are available cross-platform.

Microsoft is once again the "safe" choice -- if you have a Windows Phone and PC now, but decide to go, say, BlackBerry 10 and iMac, your Outlook, SkyDrive and everything else will work with those platforms as well. Google is the dangerous, unreliable choice -- if you have Android, but decide to go, say, Windows Phone and iPad, your Google Services will degrade (or may stop working entirely). Or they might work okay until Google decides to make another spontaneous change that breaks everything.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Microsoft should block anybody or anything.

They're a great IT citizen. They support their Outlook.com users and other users on every OS under the sun.

Microsoft should point out that its open, cross-platform solutions are superior in usability and functionality to Google's closed, proprietary services -- and are available cross-platform.

Microsoft is once again the "safe" choice -- if you have a Windows Phone and PC now, but decide to go, say, BlackBerry 10 and iMac, your Outlook, SkyDrive and everything else will work with those platforms as well. Google is the dangerous, unreliable choice -- if you have Android, but decide to go, say, Windows Phone and iPad, your Google Services will degrade (or may stop working entirely). Or they might work okay until Google decides to make another spontaneous change that breaks everything.

Good lord man.

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
They're a great IT citizen.
You're willing to forget about what got Microsoft to where they are today? Most predatory IT citizen ever.

They'll quote you a price for open as well. Both in dollars and decreased functionality as well.

Microsoft is once again the "safe" choice........ and iMac, your Outlook, SkyDrive and everything else will work with those platforms as well.
Safe? You're ridiculous. And Outlook.com and contacts don't work well with Mac OS. And they don't work at all with Outlook on Mac. SkyDrive? Seems fully functional.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb