Tried to be google-less for the last to weeks ... failed :-(

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I find Bing to be much better than google.

I'm certain you live in an area with a lot of mountains or hills, judging from you're horizon. I'm also pretty sure these hills or mountains are located in the USA, as Bing is pretty good there.

Sadly, billions of other people are not in the USA, and Microsoft is still selling its phone OS there.

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm certain you live in an area with a lot of mountains or hills, judging from you're horizon. I'm also pretty sure these hills or mountains are located in the USA, as Bing is pretty good there.

Sadly, billions of other people are not in the USA, and Microsoft is still selling its phone OS there.
guilty as charged :(

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Bing is competitive, and getting better by the day.

With Google deliberately crippling and blocking competing operating systems as of late, who is to say that Google search won't do the same thing (or isn't doing it already)?

That search for an article criticizing Google might show... nothing at all. That search for "crashing Android" might return results that point to fan sites that insist that Android doesn't crash, rather than to pages that could help someone with a crashed/bricked Android phone.

And so on.

Once Google crossed the rubicon of "close off, lock out and exclude," they called everything they do and present into question. If they're willing to block devices that are inconvenient or that they don't like, they're also more than likely willing to block or exclude search results that they also don't like.

Make sure you keep those links to Bing, Yandex, etc. handy.

kerryprsp

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I hear you. I live in the US and I honestly prefer Bing over Google and use Bing exclusively but Microsoft really needs to work on making their products and services function the same globally.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Global functionality is easier to demand than provide, especially when the markets demanding it don't have sufficient volumes of sales to make it worthwhile.

Google has been around since the mid 1990s, and its services grew across the globe due to cheap Android. Microsoft's not going to be able to catalogue Albania or Bhutan to the degree that Google is, since Google's business model is so different -- and the costs that consumers pay for doing business with Google are often not entirely obvious to them.

It's a catch 22.

arrowrand

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
especially when the markets demanding it don't have sufficient volumes of sales to make it worthwhile..
So maybe Google has a point when they say that there aren't enough WP users to make it worth their while?

Thanks for clearing that up.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Board Express Pro

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Sure. I don't use Google's spyware. But when Google invests resources to ensure that they break competitors' access to their services, that tells me that their motive isn't indifference.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre