| | 01-05-2013, 12:22 PM #1
Not 100% sure where I should be posting this, but here goes. I've been having trouble accessing the Windows Phone Store online via a desktop browser for several weeks now, probably a month, even though it works just if I try it on my phone. Here are the specifics:
- Access Store website (Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) via desktop browser while NOT logged into Microsoft account = success.
- Access Store website (Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) via IE from my Lumia = success.
- Access Store from my Lumia via app = success.
- Install apps on my Lumia via Store app = success.
- Access Store website (Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)) via desktop browser while logged into Microsoft account = FAIL.
My geographical location is in Australia, but my Microsoft account region is set to US since I need some apps which are not internationally available. This has worked without a hitch until several weeks ago. I've tried Chrome and Firefox under Ubuntu (all latest stable versions), and IE8 under Windows 7, with the same results. It's not a browser profile problem either, as I've tried using completely fresh profiles. The WP Store website always times out with a "cannot load webpage error". My phone is a Lumia 710 with WP 7.5, OS version 7.10.8773.98.
Is anyone seeing this as well, and/or have any ideas how to solve it? Thanks.