Does Microsoft read?

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I think everybody has read the front page about the 8 things that need to be improved. I was wondering if some division (or any) in Microsoft that reads this kind of articles.I'm really wondering this :)? Anyone any thoughts about this?

ImNickBarnes

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think everybody has read the front page about the 8 things that need to be improved. I was wondering if some division (or any) in Microsoft that reads this kind of articles.I'm really wondering this :)? Anyone any thoughts about this?

I'm thinking somebody will snoop around the net and have a look at suggestions and see what the overall opinion on the software is. I mean, if they just put the OS out there and don't give a damn about what anyone thinks, things won't get improved.

I'm part an "exclusive" HTC group and they seem to think HTC have a division/team of people that snoop around the net and press to see what the opinion is and so on and so forth (I'm presuming their job description will entail more than playing on the internet all day!)

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I think so - at least to some extent. Especially because this is one of the more popular WP sites.

Mind you, I imagine some MS reps are wincing as they read some threads here.:sweaty:

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes think they should not read them.

Sometimes there are also foolish suggestions and even that article here in WPCentral was not an exemption. Folders for Live Tiles, seriously...

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes there are also foolish suggestions and even that article here in WPCentral was not an exemption. Folders for Live Tiles, seriously...

Mostly Live Tiles are just a gimmick or there is non at all. The few apps with Live Tiles worth keeping on the Home Screen, they just could stay on the Home Screen.

...well, about the topic: If Microsoft reads, I'm sure they read 50 Shades of Grey.

To be serious: Of course they read it, even if they have not people employed to read news articles and forums. And I'm pretty sure they have people employed to do this, and if it is only a lonely lawyer looking that nothing is published too early ;-)

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
MS will form their own opinion, based on our feedback, to determine what we get. W8 was built on this concept and I hope next Gen WP will have a few of our options. Only problem with this is Win8 was built using feedback from XP, Vista and W7. I don't think the mobile world has the patience for OS updates two years in the making. Especially with WP8 still being so far behind. They better start rolling out updates fast or people will leave. I'm giving them until mid year. No progress and I'm using upgrade for something else.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
MS should listen what the people say, but I definitely think that they should not try to cater for every demand out there. Many people don't seem to understand the basic philosophies behind the Windows Phone and feel like something's missing if they notice something that exist in other mobile OS's but not in WP. For example the aforementioned folders. Windows Phone has hubs for the occasions it makes sense to have folder-like grouping of apps like we see in the Music hub or in the Lenses.

If something would make sense, then having groups of Live Tiles in the Start screen might be it. There's an app in the Marketplace called Groupy that already allows you to do that but it might be a reasonable addition to the core UI as well.

What comes to the arguments about WP8 being "so far behind" don't even deserve rebuttals.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
When I look at that guy with his own notification center designed out, I think they should definitely look at things like that :D. But yeah, I'm really curious what their next big update will be :>

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I do believe that they do read... at least the main site articles and high traffic forum threads. It's a big part of scouting what the public wants/needs.

I'm very anxious about the whole "Apollo+" update. Every article/rumor about it suggests that they're bringing some features that they couldn't get done in time for the launch. I hope this is true, but I'm also not holding my breath on any one improvement. The reason is, their operating style, so far, has been to release updates with just a few things sprinkled in and some fixes. One or two big features and minor fixes are fine, but they should come more rapidly than they are. This is why people don't think Microsoft is listening... they react too slowly and everything is too secretive.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I do believe that they do read... at least the main site articles and high traffic forum threads. It's a big part of scouting what the public wants/needs.

I'm very anxious about the whole "Apollo+" update. Every article/rumor about it suggests that they're bringing some features that they couldn't get done in time for the launch. I hope this is true, but I'm also not holding my breath on any one improvement. The reason is, their operating style, so far, has been to release updates with just a few things sprinkled in and some fixes. One or two big features and minor fixes are fine, but they should come more rapidly than they are. This is why people don't think Microsoft is listening... they react too slowly and everything is too secretive.

Please have battery improvements as well :|

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Joe loves this platform too much to receive so much bad criticism, but they should be working fast to fix these issues. Please MS you better be at MWC.

madisonjar

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am a mod at another forum and you will be suprised at the amount of people from electronic companies that read and try to react on what people are writing...trust me when I say this but forums are starting to be the best beta testers that a company can have. Its probably easier to release a product that is sub par and make it great with updates that people on forums and such want then it is to really "beta" test a product that way it should be done.

Tiwo

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Listening and actually DOING something... Well.. small difference there.

Well if you combine the twitter post with the fact that WP8 has actually been live ONLY 90 days, they can have little more time from me.

Also the news article of that Nokia tease makes is nicer :D

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Also the news article of that Nokia tease makes is nicer :D

Well, didn't we have some exchange about this issue yesterday? ;-)

But to be honest, this 'tease', as bad as it was, was still more than Microsoft is providing. Somehow this "We are Apple and we never speak about our 'incredible' things that will come, you'll buy it anyway and everybody will make a fuss about it until then" doesn't really work for Microsoft. At least not in regard of Windows Phone.

chetan_merchant

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I had tweeted the link of the article to windows phone and Joe Belfiore's accounts...I think they do read it...atleast that's what Joe mentioned in one of his tweets...as published on MyNokiablog.com

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire