Smart phones worth buying: We are ranked 11th, 9th, and 6th

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I like how they say: "Well, if you don't know anything about anything, just buy an iPhone 5, that works." and put it on the first place.

But to be honest, that's what I tell people too...

Last edited:

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
While I love my windows phone, it's really quite difficult to reccomend to others. I have learned to live with the limitations of the OS and lack of apps. However, I cannot, in good conscience, reccomend it to someone and risk them coming back to me to complain that I reccomended something that lacks what they consider a "need".

I do like to show off my Windows Phone 8 device (Lumia 810). When friends ask for a reccomendation I usually suggest an Android first. I don't ignore WP completely. I do show it to them and show them the great features. But I also try to be honest and objective by letting them know that it cannot do; what the rumors are about upcoming apps with approx time frames (such as Pandora), and what i haven't heard much about (such as VPN support).

Three of my friends have purchased WP devices in spite of my stating that I reccomend Android first. One of these people has regretted his decision. The other two are undecided.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
While I love my windows phone, it's really quite difficult to reccomend to others. I have learned to live with the limitations of the OS and lack of apps. However, I cannot, in good conscience, reccomend it to someone and risk them coming back to me to complain that I reccomended something that lacks what they consider a "need".

I do like to show off my Windows Phone 8 device (Lumia 810). When friends ask for a reccomendation I usually suggest an Android first. I don't ignore WP completely. I do show it to them and show them the great features. But I also try to be honest and objective by letting them know that it cannot do; what the rumors are about upcoming apps with approx time frames (such as Pandora), and what i haven't heard much about (such as VPN support).

Three of my friends have purchased WP devices in spite of my stating that I reccomend Android first. One of these people has regretted his decision. The other two are undecided.
i am the same way but i only recommend the iphone and windows phone. i always tell people to be careful with information on google products.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't read any posts above this one other than the OP, but if they rank the iPhone as number one, I'm going to puke...

Son of a..............

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Looks like another "list" written for the sake of publishing a "list." Does is really mean much coming from Business Insider?

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

I do essentially the same thing, except I recommend an iPhone. Android is so hit or miss I can't recommend any Android device unless it's a Nexus device personally/.

The iPhone is foolproof and virtually flawless. It's not terribly interesting, but it's an outstanding phone.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site

You should recommend but also warn that it might not yet have the apps that they need. Recommending against is not a good way to encourage developers to bring apps to WP. The chicken/egg cycle would continue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs