Could Dell make WP devices in the future?

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday Dell went private and Microsoft loaned them $2 billion to help get the deal done. Now MS technically doesn't own a part of Dell so they can't pull any strings, but I wonder if this situation would lead to MS influencing Dell to make more WP handsets. The Venue Pro was a good device and we could use some more good hardware to ensure that there is plenty of choice.

Dell focuses mainly on PCs so my guess is that MS would probably be more interested in the PC and tablet side of things.

BTW one thing that really annoyed me when I read articles about the deal was how a lot of writers kept implying that PCs were going to die off and this was just another indicator of that. They keep using the silly term 'post-PC era' even though there is nothing to suggest that PCs are going to go anywhere. Sure people are using more tablets but people can own many types of devices.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Michael Dell has some hairbrained scheme in mind to sell tiny cheap USB stick cloud computers that allow you to run virtual instances of any OS you want. Read up on it. That's Dell's big plan. I don't think WP is in the future for them. It's just as well though because 80-90% of what Dell makes is crap anyway. Aside from their top of the line business stuff, everything they build is pure junk. I think Microsoft made a questionable investment here to be honest.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it. While the DVP seemed to developed a cult following, there isn't enough demand for a WP8 to warrant its' build. Unless they share the name with Huawei or another low-name company, the chances of seeing a Dell WP8 are slim/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon