When some of my Apple loving friends tell me how evil Microsoft is I always take some time to say...

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is why the silliness comes in - do you really think that Microsoft or any other corp wouldn't have such huge mark-ups if they could get away with it? If you think the answer is 'no', then you are as blind as anyone who is loyal to any other corporation.

Personally I blame Henry Ford.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I love how some of these guys who claim to not be fanboys only seem to have a problem with MS and anyone that tries to defend MS. I wonder why they aren't going on Android and Apple forums to share their "levelheadedness" with those folks and teach them a thing or two about their biases.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I love how some of these guys who claim to not be fanboys only seem to have a problem with MS and anyone that tries to defend MS. I wonder why they aren't going on Android and Apple forums to share their "levelheadedness" with those folks and teach them a thing or two about their biases.

I'd like to call them what they are, but I was almost banned last time.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
I was just gonna say I don't anyone that hates MS. Most of the people I know who have iPhones use PC's. Maybe in my own little world in Boston, I had never heard of this idea that Microsoft was hated until joining this site.

You clearly don't work in the tech sector. Any sysadmin who's forced to manage a large Windows fleet (especially those of us who've been around since say 1998) would quite happily burn Redmond down. Not to mention any programmer who's been forced to work in that travesty of a programming language called Visual Basic (VB .NET is better though).

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
You clearly don't work in the tech sector. Any sysadmin who's forced to manage a large Windows fleet (especially those of us who've been around since say 1998) would quite happily burn Redmond down. Not to mention any programmer who's been forced to work in that travesty of a programming language called Visual Basic (VB .NET is better though).

Not any sysadmin. I've been one for over 15 years and have no gripes with Redmond. Please speak for yourself as you have every right to. But don't assume we all feel that way. I can name many with my view.

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

VB is not that bad. Actually, it's an easy gateway to programming. Granted using it now is like driving a car without powersteering, but it was more than functional.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I've never had an apple device but I'm a member of webOSnation, crackberry and androidcentral* and I've said the same things there - loyalty* to a corporation is the most brain dead thing I could think of - be it loyalty to HP, Microsoft, Blackberry, Google or whoever - it's shows low critical reasoning skills. Problem is that the paradox is that mobile nations doesn't actually have a mobile nations forum where those of us not licking corporate boots or singing the company song can post - so we have to take our pick.

* that forum is just too big, so I rarely post there.

** Product preference is a different thing.

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Not any sysadmin. I've been one for over 15 years and have no gripes with Redmond. Please speak for yourself as you have every right to. But don't assume we all feel that way. I can name many with my view.
I gotta second stmav's response here. I am a longtime sysadmin and I got very few issues with them.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I don't. I'm just a regular consumer/user. So maybe that is where the disconnect lies?

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
The only evil company here is the one that has 3 or 4 x profit margin on their phones and 100 billion in the bank. How can people support them knowing they overprice everything and brag about ripping you off at every live Apple event?

I guess only blind fans like Socialcarpet understand why they let Apple get away with huge mark ups.

Sorry, but Apple doesn't rip you off. You rip you off by purchasing their products at high prices for your own reasons. Don't blame Apple if you want to be considered one of the in crowd. Other manufacturers make and sell excellent products at less money so buy from them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro