Google hates Microsoft so much that they fix Microsoft's bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Google engineers found over half the bugs in Microsoft's latest security update | The Verge
Maybe, just maybe we can put aside this "Google hates Microsoft" thing and recognize that the situation is more complicated than Manichean silliness?
"Microsoft announced a bug disclosure policy for "non-Microsoft products" and started publishing bug reports on Google products. In July of 2012, a Microsoft engineer claimed to have discovered a massive botnet spreading spam and malware through Android devices; Google denied the claim." Just because they "helped" doesnt make them an awesome company. And found bugs and reported or not it doesnt changed the application situation that google seems to be purposely avoiding from creating for windows phones customers.:eck:

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
This guy posts so much Google BS, it makes you wonder whether Google pays him, or he spends his weekends and nights in the middle of an Eric Schmidt/Larry Paige rotisserie.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
"Microsoft announced a bug disclosure policy for "non-Microsoft products" and started publishing bug reports on Google products. In July of 2012, a Microsoft engineer claimed to have discovered a massive botnet spreading spam and malware through Android devices; Google denied the claim." Just because they "helped" doesnt make them an awesome company. And found bugs and reported or not it doesnt changed the application situation that google seems to be purposely avoiding from creating for windows phones customers.:eck:

Google also doesn't make apps for Bada, Symbian, WebOS, BB7, BB10 or Ubuntu Phone, so it doesn't seem to me that Google is singling out Windows Phone in particular.
I'm not claiming that this makes Google awesome, but it does point out that companies have complicated and often mutually dependent relationships that often are ignored in the quest to hate other companies. The Samsung/Apple relationship, for one. Although no longer as applicable.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Google also doesn't make apps for Bada, Symbian, WebOS, BB7, BB10 or Ubuntu Phone, so it doesn't seem to me that Google is singling out Windows Phone in particular.
I'm not claiming that this makes Google awesome, but it does point out that companies have complicated and often mutually dependent relationships that often are ignored in the quest to hate other companies. The Samsung/Apple relationship, for one. Although no longer as applicable.
agree you have a point there but bada is trash symbian is dying webos is dead bb7 is dead bb10 its only a matter of time and ubuntu phone is not out yet. so i dont see where this would make sense. Considering that google wouldnt exist without microsoft i dont see how they can justify not creating applications for microsofts wp8 but feel the need to publicly announce holes in microsofts operation systems. Lets not kid outselves here the reports were from 2 hackers that just happened to work for google, not google actively looking for holes to report. believe it or not some people are actually decent and act upon themselves to do the right thing, but publicly broadcasting that makes you seem like a jerk anyways. I ALSO agree that yes these corporations are mutually dependant more often than not, but again does not make google for microsoft in any sense of the word.

jgraves4480

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Still doesn't explain the crap mail that I get spammed with on my Gmail account! Its the only one that is overloaded with garbage. They sell your info to every jack leg on the planet and pay us no respect cause we bought wp8. Just yesterday I found they sold my wife's info to some third party jerk that thinks he can call and mail crap whenever he wants! He admitted to buying info straight from google. Only a jerk would call at midnight to sell insurance! He won't be calling again though. He didn't like me giving him his own home address, courtesy of the post master.

WinFan1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Still doesn't explain the crap mail that I get spammed with on my Gmail account! Its the only one that is overloaded with garbage. They sell your info to every jack leg on the planet and pay us no respect cause we bought wp8. Just yesterday I found they sold my wife's info to some third party jerk that thinks he can call and mail crap whenever he wants! He admitted to buying info straight from google. Only a jerk would call at midnight to sell insurance! He won't be calling again though. He didn't like me giving him his own home address, courtesy of the post master.
did that really happen? or are you just being harshly sarcastic lol

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm not denying that could have happened to you. However, I used Gmail as my primary email address for about 2 years and never had any spam that got past the spam filters.

The only email account I've ever had that got inbox full of spam not caught by spam filter was a Yahoo account.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
agree you have a point there but bada is trash symbian is dying webos is dead bb7 is dead bb10 its only a matter of time and ubuntu phone is not out yet. so i dont see where this would make sense. Considering that google wouldnt exist without microsoft i dont see how they can justify not creating applications for microsofts wp8 but feel the need to publicly announce holes in microsofts operation systems. Lets not kid outselves here the reports were from 2 hackers that just happened to work for google, not google actively looking for holes to report. believe it or not some people are actually decent and act upon themselves to do the right thing, but publicly broadcasting that makes you seem like a jerk anyways. I ALSO agree that yes these corporations are mutually dependant more often than not, but again does not make google for microsoft in any sense of the word.

I'd dispute your claim that Symbian is dying; the Asha phones (Symbian S40 I think) still sell in the millions in Southeast Asia, if I remember Nokia's last earnings call they actually sell almost as many Ashas as WP phones. It's simple - Google has to invest $X million to develop and support WP8 apps and they will only do so if the ROI from that is positive and if the opportunity cost is worthwhile (why do you think they released two awesome apps for iOS recently - Gmail and Maps). So when there are enough WP users to justify that investment, Google will be happy to develop said apps.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site

So in your story, you allegedly got someone's address from the postmaster? That makes the postmaster as bad as Google, no? This sounds ridiculous, TBH. The FTC and several other bodies have investigated Google's privacy and data protection and found them satisfactory. And anyone who's ever worked in Adwords advertising (as I do) will know that the scenario you postulate could never have happened. It is more likely that you entered your personal information on some shady site or got a virus that stole this data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3