Noticed anyone with a Windows Phone lately?

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I am using L800. my coworker also is using L800. I was the one who introduced wp to her. and when we knew a carrier here in the phil was having a promo, we both got our own units (for free!!). my sister's friend who works at Microsoft also has L800. I first hear about wp from him. :)

then my sister's boyfriend recently bought a L920. so far those are the few people in know who are using WPs :D so few all my friends are using androids and iphones.

it's funny coz my sis is using noteII, I was using her phone and got frustrated because the menu/buttons/ui is not very intuitive, like a tree with many branches that you cant follow. and she was apologizing for the inconvenience hahahahahahahaha

CopaCC

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I had my co-worker talked into getting a 521, but nobody had them in stock around here so he ended up getting an HTC One.

IrRevd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
One of the ladies at church had a Lumia 800 bought for her. She likes it because its easy to use but other than that Ive never seen a WP, not even on the train or out and about. To be fair though, I rarely see a Blackberry these days either!

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
This morning, I saw a guy taking pictures with a Lumia 920 at church. Other than myself, a friend who works for Microsoft and his wife, and this gentleman, I've never seen another WP "in the wild."

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
My friend had the Lumia 810 before but then had to leave it cuz he got a free gs3 (it rlly is much better, and he got it for free. Can't blame him). BUT! He loved it and now his sister has it :). Other than that, don't anyone :/

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I've seen 10 or so out here in the Chicago suburbs. And I've had 3 or 4 ask me about my 920 just as I was walking past. There is interest...

anon(6038817)

May 30, 2013
Visit site
On the bus to work I saw someone bust out a cyan Lumia 920. This is the first Windows Phone I've seen "in the wild" - at least since I started paying attention. :3

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife and 1 friend have Nokias... I've seen a handfull of Lumias at my favorite bar and a couple of others out in the wild.

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
My friend has a Windows phone. It's running WP7, I'm not sure exactly which version (I think it's 7.8). I haven't seen many besides hers.

Res215dg

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Seeing that WP only holds like what, 3% of the mobile market share- it's tought to ever find anyone with a Windows Phone- I personally do not know anyone withone

However, when somebody notices my phone, they are almost always interested in it because they've most likely never seen one before LoL- So I give them the goold ol' show off presentation with live tiles, the utter smoothness, speed, and fluid feel of the phone, and of course XBL integration into the phone - by the end of the 'demo' they are usually impressed :eek:rly:

inferno434

May 20, 2012
Visit site
My wife and I both own the old Samsung focus and upped to the 920. Convinced my mother in law to get a 900, likes it but barely uses it.

My Co worker bought a 900 after I told him to ditch his gingerbread android, loves it.

My Brother owns the 808 and now the 928.

Other family members and friends increasingly interested, much more so than wp7 or when wp8 launched. Word is getting out if very slowly.

Semiwouw

May 24, 2013
Visit site
yes i know actually.. i live in Finland and over 30% of Finnish Smartphone users has Windows Phone, so I've seen hundreds WP's :winktongue:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
One guy at my work has a lumia 800, that's it.... Whenever people notice my 920 they are always like "Ooh is that the new xperia??" and I'm just like *facepalm* "I don't want to live anymore."

I mean honestly how can you mistake the beautifully curved 920 with one of those ugly rectangular boxes??

NTUser

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
One guy at my work has a lumia 800, that's it.... Whenever people notice my 920 they are always like "Ooh is that the new xperia??" and I'm just like *facepalm* "I don't want to live anymore."

I mean honestly how can you mistake the beautifully curved 920 with one of those ugly rectangular boxes??
Yeah, similar story. I had a wallpaper with the Windows logo on my inc2, and somebody was like "OMG is that a Windows phone?" I was appalled. Such a shame that WP isn't more widely known, that someone would mistake an android device for one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro