Is "Metro" influencing a lot of other User interfaces?

nube_android

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Are we seeing a move towards metro style UIs for everyone? Lately I am seeing more and more operating systems and UI overlays etc etc moving towards a metro style UI. EX: the new "HTC one" phone with this leaked screenshot at Leaked image shows off black HTC One | Android and Me
Does this seem like companies and consumers like the 2d UI with the live "tiles" or is this just a fad? Also, do you guys think WP8 will eventually be seen by most as superior to android for consumers and manufacturers?
:unhappy::excited:

aniym

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have, complete rip off. Along with BB10. If anyone is to say that metro sucks, then why is everyone copying it?

I haven't read any criticism of Metro in WP8. The criticisms have been around the shoehorning of Metro across the board in x86 Windows 8 systems, and I think that has merit because most laptops on the ,market right now don't have touchscreens.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I think everything design-related 'moves' in circles.

For example architecture, over millenia old styles were reused when the current elements got boring. It's exactly the same with fashion. People just get bored after a while, and something new becomes 'in', usually something that was 'in' around 20 years ago.

And similar happens in the computer world: The glossy days were great after all the grey user interfaces on every computer, but now people have seen it. Apple started, then Microsoft followed with Vista, then every Linux distribution started to have glossy elements, it's no wonder nobody wants this anymore. Reduced design is just a new step, and people will get sick of it too.

Gaichuke

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have, complete rip off. Along with BB10. If anyone is to say that metro sucks, then why is everyone copying it?

I'm sorry but if you feel that BB10 is a ripping off Windows UI (I think it's currently called this instead of Metro or Modern) I don't think you understand the principles behind it as well as you think you do.

It's much much more than just Live Tiles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss