The perfect Home Entertainment for the Windows Ecosystem

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey there,

I hope this the right section to post this...anyway

I am searching for the "perfect" home entertainment experience for my Windows ecosystem for months and still can call my self satisfied.
I just moved in my new room and kinda want to get everything together. I currently own a Lumia 920, a notebook and a desktop pc running Windows 8 Pro and a standard flat screen tv and a stero.
All my media like music, movies and pictures are stored on my desktop pc, because of the big memory.

I am looking for a software that brings everything together.
This is how it should work:
- steam media across all my devices
- use my phone as a remote while playing media on my pc
- additional adding some meta data and wrap it up in a beautiful way

What I already used:

1. Windows Media Center with the Windows Remote App:
This was my starting experience. The Media Center just looked nice and actually work pretty good. The Remote App also worked fine but was kinda ugly.
Nevertheless it was not possible to stream media from my phone to the pc or form the pc to my phone.

2. PLEX and PLEX Windows Phone App
The was actually pretty great. PLEX wrap everything up with great meta data in a beautiful way. Poorly PLEX was and is still unable to display my album cover in a right way. I am trying to figure out why this happens but I'm kinda stuck there.
The PLEX app is also a very rich and beautiful one.
So to all you out there who are looking for the same as I do, give PLEX a try. Maybe this works for you.

So here I am...
I want to know if there is anyone out there who already found his/her "perfect" solution and can share some experience.

Best regards

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I would buy an Xbox 360 to be the hub that brings everything to the TV. you can use your phone to control what is playing on the Xbox via Smartglass, and you can use the Xbox as a media center extender to play all the content from your desktop.

derDaniel

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
That is actually not on my list yet :p

How does the media player on the Xbox works in comparison to the Windows Media Center.
Can I create play list on the fly?
And can I connect a wireless keyboard to my Xbox?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs