Giving up on Outlook.com

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I started using outlook.com a couple months after getting my 920. I have enjoyed for the most part. I have always struggled with the search functionality of it.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
With any luck whenever they fix what is wrong with your account, it clears up your search issues as well.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I prefer Outlook over Gmail. It's much easier on the eyes and you can block email addresses. The only spam I've had has been me testing the account.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
gmail is unusable to me....clutter in the interface, threaded message is confusing as ****...and ads everywhere makes it even more uglier. Outlook.com is by far the best version of microsoft mail service I have ever used, compare to hotmail live, outlook.com has improved even more

o4liberty

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Outlook has been nothing less than steller for me it has never crashed and I feel its a better product than Gmail and their privacy intrusions.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So I have been trying to switch from gmail to outlook.com. I have given it a month but I am switching back.
I really like the look of outlook and will maybe try it again in a month or so, but right now it seems much too buggy.
In the last 48hrs it has been down/off and on for hours at a time. The search functionality almost never works and always asks for me to refresh the page.
There may be some other oddities that I found but the above are the two deal breakers for me at this point.
Anyone else had issues or is it just me?

I'm guessing you're having issues on some type of PC? I haven't had any issues on my Surface, desktop pc or on my phone.

tkuhe

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
So I hard reset my 920 today to see if that would help. Thank god it didnt brick like my last one. Anyways, I still can not access my microsoft account. Really frustrating as a lot of my contacts are associated with that account. It has now been 3 days without any access to my outlook.com account... Not cool at all.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Never had a problem with Outlook. Even my wife has switched from gmail to Outlook to make it her primary email system. It just works. Yours is probably an account problem.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Never had an outage for me. I expect there may be some hiccups a long the way as MS cleans up and retires hotmail, etc.

Either way, after using Gmail for years I'm never going back. Outlook is amazing, easy to use, beautiful, and overall a much better experience IMO.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I prefer Outlook.com aesthetics over Gmail, but it has at least 50% less functionality at this point. I still will have both accounts, but Gmail will remain my primary for a long time.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I prefer Outlook.com aesthetics over Gmail, but it has at least 50% less functionality at this point. I still will have both accounts, but Gmail will remain my primary for a long time.

Like what? I find Outlook far more functional, but maybe its because I could never figure out the UI on Gmail.

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've migrated over from Gmail only to discover that POP mail is checked every 30 minutes (!).

There are no ways to force it to check either.

This would have been OK 15 years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss