So sick and tired of these old people whining about Windows 8

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
W8 is GREAT! I love it!

It also does not help when being reviewed from sites that are more anti microsoft ahem "engadget, the verge" cause you know Chrome Pixel got a higher review than Surface Pro or RT >.>
Wow really? Unbelievable if that's true. Are they usually high?

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I love using my surface rt...it's so good, it's perfect for tablet use. I don't know the full windows 8 experience will probably be slightly different

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

Interesting...seems the moderator is on the defense. There's no explanation it seems. Could they have based each review on their particular category? What I mean is that an iPhone can score a 9.5 yet a MacBook can score a 9 when one is obviously superior. Was the rt reviewed as a tablet as it should be and the pixelbook as a laptop? I know the categories are similar even identical in many aspects but the tech industry still has yet to label them as one.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure, maybe RT was reviewed as a tablet but how can you review a chrome book a laptop when it's just a browser but I do believe we are steering off course from the main subject

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure, maybe RT was reviewed as a tablet but how can you review a chrome book a laptop when it's just a browser but I do believe we are steering off course from the main subject

The subject here seems like a rant to me. I sense that irrelevance is welcome in this case. Either way, I'm done here.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
To be totally honest. I've had no issue using Win8 with a mouse and keyboard. I am not a fan of poking at my LCD monitor since I've had nearly 15 years of people telling me not do it.

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm sick of young people that are so ******ed they can't pull up their pants. Jesus ****ing Christ, I'm trying to eat a burrito here. Put your ass away!

Dratwister

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
So... people scare of changing from square icon shortcuts with transparent background on desktop to square icon with color background on Modern UI? Seem legit!
BTW, I'm using W7 and the only reason keeps me away from W8 right now is because I'm working on my laptop, with project on going so reinstall OS'd create some mess. Right after I finish it, then W8 all the way

clbarker10

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Rant? No rant, just an observation

I got it.

Accepting change (not money) is the mark of a wise person. Our world is evolving people need to be one step ahead, not current but thinking ahead...especially not buried in the past. Just a philosophy of mine. People obviously have legitimate reason not to change and most are work related, but a lot of folks are just stubborn.

Made in flanders

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I don't really like w8, it looks really good, but it is confusing that there are 2 homescreens and some programs open in one homescreen and other programs open in the other one. It looks way to chaotic. I have to be honest, I haven't used it for long yet, but there is indeed a (sometimes frustrating) learning curve, and I'm wondering if the learning curve is worth all the trouble.

theta_orionis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
couldn't help but laugh at this thread...I'm in my mid 50's...not sure if you consider that old or not but I absolutely love Windows 8. Probably the most innovative, new and different thing I've seen in an operating system in quite a while. I've got a 28 year old daughter and 16 year old niece who think Windows 8 is, in their words, "weird" and "******ed" (my apologies...scolded the 16 year old about that) My daughter's fianc? doesn't care for it either...(well he's a programmer and into Linux so he kinda doesn't count) Not all "old' people complain about Windows 8 and not all young people are as accepting of change as you think.

Windows 8 is...groovy man, groovy........

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I think one thing is clear, you NEED a touch screen to really appreciate Win8. For now, on my ultrabook, without touch screen, I will stick with Win7 despite the fact that it can handle Win8. :)

Absolutely agree with pkcable. At first, I was really turned off by Windows 8 consumer preview but I used it on a non- touchscreen laptop. But when I went to Bestbuy later to try the new windows 8 laptops I was really blown away by how the experience completely changed! Microsoft has a great product, but it will take time for people to switch and learn how to use it.

Touch screen IS the only way to truly appreciate W8. And if your hardware is worth what you paid for it, the touchpad has very capable gestures to accommodate UI. Touch IS the next interface. MS did a pretty good job with layout. But like others have stated, if I didn't have touch, I would just stick with W7. Also, boot time on W8 is like 10sec compared to 1-2min on W7. Worth the upgrade for that alone.

I almost completely disagree with you guys. On the "need" point I disagree completely. Does it enhance the experience? Yes. "need" it though. Not at all. First let me point out that you can live completely on the desktop with W8 without requiring the start Modern UI screen OR a menu button. Unless you really do have 500 programs installed all of which you use often it's very little trouble to pin all but your most seldom used programs to either your desktop or taskbar. Problem solved folks, you need only ever see the ModernUI screen on bootup and that's it. Now you can Mouse/KB all day just like you did with W7.

Second and more important point, Windows 8 is faster than 7, and has more stability features built right into the OS. For example you can "refresh" windows 8 to a clean re-install right from your settings menu, either a completely wipe and reinstall or a reinstall that keeps your personal files. Roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty with how-to's on windows 8 before you pass your judgements on exactly what it's about and how it works after just a few days :p On a serious note, I really do believe "drive-by" quick users of Windows 8 are responsible for 80% or more of the rapid judgements people, including reviewers, are giving it. You need to really spend a longer time to reach your comfort zone. Did you learn all your favorite Windows 7 optimizing tips and tricks in a week or two? I'm betting you all were still discovering "AHA!" things about W7 6 months later just like everyone else.

Look under the hood at the engine people, don't just look at the bodywork and cabin. Faster kernel, more stable, uses better drivers, there are better tools in 8 to analyze and run your PC, faster rendering software, and much more. Your "need touchscreen" quickie judgements are like saying the only difference between a 1970's Camaro and the new modern version released a couple of years ago is that the new one uses a key fob to unlock your doors. Does Windows 8 have a "killer feature" you must have to make you upgrade from 7 if you're using mouse/KB? No not really. But for just $40 on the possibility I will at some point go touch? Um hello, heck yeah!

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8 really isn't that hard to get.
It took me like 10-15 mins to really figure stuff out.

Granted some stuff is moved around a bit(i sometimes have to hunt for the control panel)

but windows 8 is phenomenal to me.

I used it for about 3 months on my old laptop(which i am typing on right now)

I moved over to the surface and i love using it there. But people always make windows 8 out to be awful on non-touchscreen laptops...it really isn't and it is so much faster than 7.

People just need time to adjust lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb