Ok this might be a stupid Question about Office on WP BUT

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
How do i transfer Office i have on my Pc to my Phone without using Skydrive ?

I can do that using Skydrive but how do i do that without Skydrive ? By Zune?

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
How do i transfer Office i have on my Pc to my Phone without using Skydrive ?

I can do that using Skydrive but how do i do that without Skydrive ? By Zune?

It depends. If you have a wp7, you can only transfer Offices "files" (docs, PDF,etc) through email and Skydrive.

On wp8, all you have to do is connect your phone to your computer. Open up the folder that is your phone. Should be either the phones's name or the name you gave it using the wp8 desktop app.

After you open the folder, copy and paste the "file(s)" in the "documents" folder. Whatever the file, it should be saved within its corresponding application. Doc/office, pdf/Pdf Viewer.

kyderr

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
I have tried that, and the documents never appear. They are on the SD card, but nowhere in the applications. Does it only work in the Main Memory.

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I have tried that, and the documents never appear. They are on the SD card, but nowhere in the applications. Does it only work in the Main Memory.

I have an 8X, so no SD card. I did some quick research for you on Microsoft.com and you cannot transfer files from SD card. SD card is only used for music/video/ and app installs.

Take the SD card out, then do the connect the phone and try again.

iHuGi

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
It depends. If you have a wp7, you can only transfer Offices "files" (docs, PDF,etc) through email and Skydrive.

On wp8, all you have to do is connect your phone to your computer. Open up the folder that is your phone. Should be either the phones's name or the name you gave it using the wp8 desktop app.

After you open the folder, copy and paste the "file(s)" in the "documents" folder. Whatever the file, it should be saved within its corresponding application. Doc/office, pdf/Pdf Viewer.

Thanks, this explain everything... i?ll keep using Skydrive then.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, this explain everything... i?ll keep using Skydrive then.
If you use Skydrive, you can directly edit the file on the office web app on your laptop, and just save directly to Skydrive.

That's quicker than syncing, dowloading, editing, uploading and syncing again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa