Microsoft pushing out xbox games for Windows 8 faster than for WP8

Samst22

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how many of you guys have got windows 8, but there has been a massive influx of new xbox games in the past few weeks. These just seem to slip into the windows store as there isn't really a news source for windows 8 xbox games. (WPCentral please start doing reports on these!)

WP8 xbox games are always released on Wednesdays, but for windows 8 they are just seeming to pop up any day of the week. Today there has been two new xbox games for windows 8, Galactic Reign (which was reported on here) and A World of Keflings.

Within the past few weeks these titles have all been released:

Galactic Reign
A World of Keflings
Rayman Jungle Run
Disney Fairies Hidden Treasure
Royal Envoy 2: Special Edition
Big Buck Hunter
Zombies!!!
Monsters Love Candy

Monsters Love Candy was released on the 24th of February I believe. So all those titles have been released within the last 3 weeks.

I just don't see why Microsoft can't release the WP8 xbox games quicker than once a week on a Wednesday. It was a shock when we got 2 games last week. The only reason I can think of is that they don't have that many upcoming titles for xbox on windows phone and so they are trying to drag out the releases by only giving us one a week.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
At least when Xbox games come out for Windows Phone, Xbox Live works right away. Zombies actually came out a week before Live would sign in, as did Pac-Man. A World of Keflings, even though it did only come out yesterday, doesn't sign into Live as of yet either.

Seriously, how hard would it be to not release a game until the server was ready for it? I'm guessing a lot of these developers are getting hurt quite a bit by people who download the trial immediately, and then think the game is broken because Live isn't working yet.

The other huge thing that Windows Phone does better with Live games is a system-wide login, instead of manually signing in to each game individually.

Of course, on Windows 8, many (almost all) Xbox games will sync your progress to the cloud, so both have their advantages.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon